New GN Owner from Europe

Elrond

Hi !

My Name is Manuel and I'm located in Austria / Europe. A few weeks ago I bought a nice 1987 GN in the States which is on the way to me over here to me :) For me it is a long time dream finally coming true. My goal is a nice oldschool / stockish appearing car with some period correct mods and some modern stuff as well.

As I also like the Idea of keeping the posibility to reverting the car back to 100% stock I so want to take of every original Part that is going to be modded and put it into storage. So I will be looking for some Parts from time to time ;)

Best Regards
Manuel

good to hear you are pursuing your dream , this is the best place for TR's
welcome

First thing, get a top shelf theft alarm. And learn to do any work yourself. All you'll get from mechanics over there if you take it to one is that deer in the headlights look.

good to hear you are pursuing your dream , this is the best place for TR's
welcome

Thank you :) Living the dream is very important to me ;)

First thing, get a top shelf theft alarm. And learn to do any work yourself. All you'll get from mechanics over there if you take it to one is that deer in the headlights look.

Already thought about a top notch Alarm and GPS Transponder ;) I am also very lucky having a friend whos running a US Car Speedshop. From him I can learn wrenching and will get done any work correctly as the GN is his own dream car as well. Hes into dragracing as well and is currently running a 2000 Horse Blown BBC on Meth which he build from scratch ;) So I am in good hands :)

You mean, just like the mechanics here?
Stealerships over here dont have a clue about whats going on as well when the Car doesnt have a Diagnostic Port ;)

Owning and driving the GN over here will be a lot of Fun because TRs are widely unknown over here so it will be its like 1987 all over again ;)

Best Regards

Hi !

My Name is Manuel and I'm located in Austria / Europe. A few weeks ago I bought a nice 1987 GN in the States which is on the way to me over here to me :) For me it is a long time dream finally coming true. My goal is a nice oldschool / stockish appearing car with some period correct mods and some modern stuff as well.

As I also like the Idea of keeping the posibility to reverting the car back to 100% stock I so want to take of every original Part that is going to be modded and put it into storage. So I will be looking for some Parts from time to time ;)

Best Regards
Manuel

****Welcome Manuel, how much is a gallon of premium gas in Austria? Last time I was there, you could buy a LOT of Mozartkugelns for a gallon of gas!!!! :) My rental car was a little diesel car and most everyone was driving really small cars! It was rare to see an American car, though I did see several older Mustangs and a Corvette or two.

I would recommend you buy a few spare parts to keep your new GN running as I can't imagine being able to go into a local auto parts store in Salzburg or Vienna and finding a TPS sensor or Crank Sensor. Probably a bit less likely to find a new GN dash plaque, power antenna, and uhhh.... a new ATR Stainless Cat back exhaust system with the nice stainless Pit Bull mufflers.... or even a virgin Stage 2 block with the reciprocating assembly blue printed, and sitting on the shelf like you can here in just about any local auto parts store here in America.... o_O

Post pics of your GN once it arrives and congratulations!

Hi,

****Welcome Manuel, how much is a gallon of premium gas in Austria? Last time I was there, you could buy a LOT of Mozartkugelns for a gallon of gas!!!! :)

Currently 1 US Gallon of "Super Plus" (our Premium type Gas which has 98 Octane by the European Rating) costs about 6,1 US Dollar in Austria... :X3: As my GN will be "used" mainly as a Weekend Funcar for the Summer Season (Carmeets, small Trips or maybe the Dragstrip as well) it is not that much of a big deal ;)

[My rental car was a little diesel car and most everyone was driving really small cars! It was rare to see an American car, though I did see several older Mustangs and a Corvette or two.

Most People over here drive small Diesel Cars because they think they are cheaper to run because they pay less at the Pump, but the maintenance Costs, especially for the German "Premium" Junk is ridicolous... :cautious: Over here we manly have Mustangs (old and new), some new Camaros and pretty much all Corvette Generations.. Currently it seems like Gen4 Ram 1500 Trucks are like everywhere because I see 4-5 of them almost everywhere I go... In the Summer Season I mainly drive my 2010 Ford CVPI over here which is one of 3 Cars I know of that are Streetlegal in Austria, getting it Registered was a real pain in the a** but thanks to my buddy we did it and sometimes there are some awkward funny moments as well as this Car is like from another World over here... :LOL::

I would recommend you buy a few spare parts to keep your new GN running as I can't imagine being able to go into a local auto parts store in Salzburg or Vienna and finding a TPS sensor or Crank Sensor. Probably a bit less likely to find a new GN dash plaque, power antenna

That is a good Idea because usually most Parts must be imported over here so having some spares saves a lot of Time

and uhhh.... a new ATR Stainless Cat back exhaust system with the nice stainless Pit Bull mufflers.... or even a virgin Stage 2 block with the reciprocating assembly blue printed, and sitting on the shelf like you can here in just about any local auto parts store here in America.... o_O

Sadly we dont have these nice things over here, I only know like one Shop were you can walk in an buy a Chevy SBC or a Carb. My Setup isn't fully decided yet but after a Spring Clean I think we will start with a nice foundation for future Mods. Going too crazy over here isn't really possible so I must keep everything looking period correct and sneaky. Something like a TA49 with Ported Irons, larger IC, 2,5" Pypes Exhaust etc.. ;)

Post pics of your GN once it arrives and congratulations!

I will post some Pics and Thank you !

Best Regards
Manuel

Hi, Yesterday we picked up my GN with the Help of another Buddie who runs a Car Transportation Company. We used his fully enclosed Racecar Trailer and brought her "home" to my buddies Shop :cool:

Attachments

• GN_Front_Left.jpg
    GN_Front_Left.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 31
  • GN_Front.jpg
    GN_Front.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 32
  • GN_Front_Right.jpg
    GN_Front_Right.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 32
  • GN_Rear_left.jpg
    GN_Rear_left.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 29
  • GN_Rear.jpg
    GN_Rear.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 30
  • GN_Rear_Right.jpg
    GN_Rear_Right.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 35
  • GN_Interior_1.jpg
    GN_Interior_1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 34
  • GN_Interior_2.jpg
    GN_Interior_2.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 33
Shes reallly in a very nice overall Shape :cool: Found some small Mechanical Things to check but the overall conditon counts ;) She has 42k original Miles and is the 218th Last Regal ever Produced, Manufactured 12/1987 :love:

Greetings Manuel! First thing I recommend you try to obtain is a Scanmaster. I don't understand why anyone would drive one of these cars without one. Kirban's carries them. The second recommendation is to have lots of fun!!! I don't know about Austria but in the US tires are only good for six years. Someone pointed out to me that if I get a flat tire, because mine are over six years old, the tire can't be repaired. In fact, I had some new car take off tires stored in my basement, I had to pay to get rid of them! The moral of all this is, burn the crap out of them!

Hi, Atm my GN is in Project Status for getting her ready for the Austrian Homologation (German: "Einzelgenehmigung") so that it can be Titled over here. We should hopefully have her homologated next year. The Blue Plates where just on her for a short Testdrive. A Scanmaster is already on my List. What I have seen, there a some newer Tires on her, so no burnin rubber atm.. ;)

Hi, actually no one ;) Over here the GN is mostly unknown and almost no one knows what this is and more important, what it is capable off :devil: Its like 1987 all over again ;)

When I first brought "Old Blue" home her capabilities were unknown. After embarrassing a few Stangs it's like word got out. Now I can hardly find any suckers!

Would love to see the previous pictures you posted, but it looks like they were lost when the site crashed. Can you repost them? THANKS!!!