new fuel pump relay

atc

Hello

I posted earlier in the week, my gn just died going to work. After some feed back, I purchased a new fuel pump relay. Still no start, I checked the check valve on the end of the fuel rail, it does have pressure after I tried starting the car. Is there any else I need to check? if the pump is bad, there would not be gas in the fuel rail correct? would there be another relay? thanks again for the feed back I have gotten from this site

Check for power at the factory relay and hot wire relay if it has one. If power is verified, jump pins B and D on the factory relay plug with a short jumper wire. That should make the pump run with the key on.

Are you getting spark?
Yes I have spark
Check for power at the factory relay and hot wire relay if it has one. If power is verified, jump pins B and D on the factory relay plug with a short jumper wire. That should make the pump run with the key on.
Yes I have spark
I have power from the emc to pump relay and power to the plug by the gas tank. I used a test light. I can hear pump running when I use the jumper wire pluged to the hood light plug. I checked the fuses for relay and emc. lost in what am I missing for this car not to start. I don't see any bad grounds. would the main computer module gone bad or some other electrical issue. any more thoughts. thanks

If you have spark, fuel, compression and air then unless timing is completely messed up you should get sputter and start. Are you able to test fuel pressure at the rail?

If you have spark, fuel, compression and air then unless timing is completely messed up you should get sputter and start. Are you able to test fuel pressure at the rail?

Are you getting spark?
Yes I have spark
Yes I have spark
I have power from the emc to pump relay and power to the plug by the gas tank. I used a test light. I can hear pump running when I use the jumper wire pluged to the hood light plug. I checked the fuses for relay and emc. lost in what am I missing for this car not to start. I don't see any bad grounds. would the main computer module gone bad or some other electrical issue. any more thoughts. thanks

Are you getting spark?
Yes I have spark
Yes I have spark

Are you getting spark?
Yes I have spark
Yes I have spark

I do not have a gauge to measure pressure. I can press in the valve, gas shoots out. if I can get a gauge, what pressure does it need to be?

With the vacuum line off the fuel regulator you should be around 43 or so. I assume with the pump running you should see the pressure. I've not measured without motor running. If fuel squirts out you are building some sort of pressure, which is surprising you have no sign of start. Maybe injectors are not firing? there are guys here with much more experience than me who can be of more help. did you pull the plugs to see if they look wet or smell like fuel? That is a way to tell if they are getting gas or not.