New fuel pump installed with hotwire kit, Car cranks but won't start

UPDATE: Well i did a couple of things, put the old pump on the racetonix fuel pump sending unit. same thing happened. I put the new walbro pump one the old sending unit. WORKED. so the new pump isnt burned out, awesome. So the problem is with the racetonix sending unit.

New question is how do i fix reverse the polarity?

Check the black and red (or whatever color) lines to the plug on the sending unit. Black should go to the - side on the pump (I'm sure you knew that). You can also use a dvm to see if voltage is going to the plug. Something in the wiring could be not right too.

You can easily undo the Hotwire kit and run stock style. That should help determine if the polarity change is in the sender or in the Hotwire kit.
Not sure why it matters but are your stock wires pink/ tan. or violet/ grey.? I is an option for ordering the FRPK-006. Kit. Possibly the way the pump gets wired

Chances are the polarity is reversed. The newer GSS294M's polarity is reversed when compared to a GSS340M. If you keep running the pump backwards you will kill it.
If you are having problems with a Racetronix pump solution we HIGHLY recommend you speak with a tech on our support forum to avoid further problems and to resolve your problem quickly.
Every day spent dealing with it on here is one day added to getting resolution.
We do not recommend cutting open your pump if you hope to get it considered for warranty replacement.

What is the website for your support forum? I couldnt find one on your website or a number to call and talk to somebody so i can get this taken care of or know what wires to move?

How did this work out? Did ya figure out how to swap polarity? ( if that was the problem )

How did this work out? Did ya figure out how to swap polarity? ( if that was the problem )

I reversed the polarity on mine by using the paper clip they supply. It is plug and play, but I think the pump that was on here before had the wires hooked up just the opposite of the pump I have now. But it runs fine now. I know the subject kind of went in different directions but thanks mine is running again.

Reversing the polarity by changing the red and black wire worked. I will post pics soon. sorry for the delay i had military training this weekend

I reversed the polarity on mine by using the paper clip they supply. It is plug and play, but I think the pump that was on here before had the wires hooked up just the opposite of the pump I have now. But it runs fine now. I know the subject kind of went in different directions but thanks mine is running again.

yeah sorry didnt want to hi-jack your post but since we had the same problem could work on it side by side on it. thanks for your guys help as well. again ill post pics soon

I believe I'm having the same problem which really stinks considering it comes pre assembled with a plug. do I need to drop the tank again since I've already installed this or can I just switch the wires at the external connector?

Thanks for the reply. I switched the wires and it solves the issue. The bad thing about it all is the pump came assembled with the sending unit and no directions or warnings about reverse polarity. It looked ready to go out of the box... Why assemble it incorrectly and ship to a customer? Needless to say I wasnt happy having to redrain the tank and drop it again...

I feel ya. One would never think to even look at the polarity. Specially on a complete new set up.

Should be a big orange tags on it that says check polarity when installing.

That would be too simple.