Pinion snubbers.......thankful for this forum

turbojimmie

I have 87 GN with Alky kit. When I floor the throttle, the alky kicks in and the car runs great. But, when I let off the gas, the alky keeps pumping so the car will hardly run. I have to shut off the engine and wait a few minutes. When I start it back up, it runs fine until I floor it again and the alky stays on after I let up. I haven't had this problem before. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Could be Map 3 sensor
Unplug it and see if you still have the problem
no very bad advice dont unplug and try again the map is needed to turn alky on and alky is needed for high boost
you didnt say what kit you have ... if its an alkycontrol kit call julio at alkycontrol

Let me clarify
Turn Key on, turn ALKY pump on, turn dial up and see if you hear the pump increase if you hear the pump increase could be the MAP3
Turn off key Disconnect MAP
Turn Key on turn ALKY pump on, turn dial up and see if you hear the pump

Let me clarify
Turn Key on, turn ALKY pump on, turn dial up and see if you hear the pump increase if you hear the pump increase could be the MAP3
Turn off key Disconnect MAP
Turn Key on turn ALKY pump on, turn dial up and see if you hear the pump
could very well be the map sensor .. but unless you know something i dont know you still dont know whos alky kit he has

I have to shut off the engine and wait a few minutes. When I start it back up, it runs fine until I floor it again and the alky stays on after I let up.
Keep it up, and you'll end up with a crankcase full of alky.
Turn off the alky, and turn down the boost. Or, your next thread will be asking how to pull the engine.

I have 87 GN with Alky kit. When I floor the throttle, the alky kicks in and the car runs great. But, when I let off the gas, the alky keeps pumping so the car will hardly run. I have to shut off the engine and wait a few minutes. When I start it back up, it runs fine until I floor it again and the alky stays on after I let up. I haven't had this problem before. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
It is Alky Control.

I had a MAP fail and it turned the pump on full blast.

I contacted Julio and he had me send my controller in for a check. He should get it Monday or Tuesday (22 or 23 June). I'll let you know what he says.