New Electrical & Wiring forum!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Hi folks,

Shane has put together a new forum specifically for Electrical & Wiring seeing that some electrical stuff get's bumped back and ends up being hard to find. please feel free to come here and post up any issues you may have on the subject and we will all try to resolve them the best we can.

Thanks,
Scot W.

Awesome! Will any electrical/wiring posts from other forums within TurboBuick.com be re-routed to here?

Awesome! Will any electrical/wiring posts from other forums within TurboBuick.com be re-routed to here?
Not sure, This is for Shane to answer. Maybe he will chime in.....

Scot W.

No turn/hazard lights

I have an electrical issue!
I am just getting my 87 GN on the road after a spun rod and main had it sidelined for a while. I am trying to get some break-in time on the rebuilt engine and transmission but I have no turn signals and no hazard's. I have replaced the turn signal relay and the hazard light relay and all fuses look good after testing both sides with a test light. The marker, tail and head lights work fine but if I push on the break pedal with the car running or not the right turn indicator lights up on the dash and the parking lights come on. This is making me think I have a bad ground some where but after checking them they all look good. What am I missing? The dreaded turn signal switch in the column?:confused:

Hmm, that would a huge undertaking... I would say not, but if I get some down time to spare I will try...

dashboard installation

i have a new dash from limited regal for my 86 t-top i was just wondering will it work and if so how hard would it to install myself i know nothing about electrical it looks like all thw wires match and none are cut is there a diagram online that i use and about how long would take me oh and lastly does anybody know what size screws for the dash because i have none to go off and nobody seems to know what size they are!:confused:

This is the best idea since sliced bread!!! My car is...well..., was an electrical mess...You guys rule!!!

HI guy’s I have a problem I just purchase an 87. From the door I notice the interior lights weren’t working only when the cars running will the interior lights, door lock's, etc. work. I went to the fuse box and yes it was blown it is number (19.) on the chart in the manual booklet. When I replace the fuse immediately the lights came on did not blow the fuse “But” I notice the gas pump priming noise which didn’t stop so I crank the car up to let run a while hoping it would stop. Three minutes went by went to cut the car off and couldn’t. So I pull out the one I put in for the interior lights (not blown or burt still good).Turned the key an it stopped like normal. The cars off so I put the fuse back in gas priming still want cut off with the key. I went to the gas tank an saw the factory wire is cut (grey only). Another wire was connected so I put it back to factory wire (grey). It does the same gas priming and will not stop running with the key. Any ideas??? I will trace the wire this even from the gas tank to the front….Thanks

converting digital gauges to analog gauges

Current digital does not have tachometer, what wires would be used to connect to analog tachometer?

Tcc????

Am looking at the GM manual, sec 8A-20-1. [Factory 86 manual] There is a switch labelled as the brake switch.
The G body, [85 El Camino], I have, has a white plastic sw above the brake sw. It appears to have a vac hose port, and 2 pins on it. The pins are connected until the switch plunger is released. [The wires hooked to it are what's called out as being for the 2004R converter clutch circuit, using the brake sw. Pink/blk & purple] Could this be a part for the hot air and not the 86-87 cars??
NE1 know what this is?

Am installing a LS2,[05 GTO], and need to find a switch that will trip the tcc circuit. The brake sw has a "spare pair" of terminals on the end. My tests show they work opposite of the brake circuit.

I guess that it's best to apply the "kiss principle" here, forget the white switch, save some weight, and use the brake sw???:D

Am looking at the GM manual, sec 8A-20-1. [Factory 86 manual] There is a switch labelled as the brake switch.
The G body, [85 El Camino], I have, has a white plastic sw above the brake sw. It appears to have a vac hose port, and 2 pins on it. The pins are connected until the switch plunger is released. [The wires hooked to it are what's called out as being for the 2004R converter clutch circuit, using the brake sw. Pink/blk & purple] Could this be a part for the hot air and not the 86-87 cars??
NE1 know what this is?

Am installing a LS2,[05 GTO], and need to find a switch that will trip the tcc circuit. The brake sw has a "spare pair" of terminals on the end. My tests show they work opposite of the brake circuit.

I guess that it's best to apply the "kiss principle" here, forget the white switch, save some weight, and use the brake sw???:D

"Fagedit"........Found the answer. The E40 uses the application of 12V to unlock the TCC, not an interruption of 12V.
FWIW, the blue wire is connected to the output side of the brake switch, so when the brakes are applied, the 12V is sent to the TCC.

As for the vac/switch.... It's going in the trash.

Back to finishing up the install of 450HP in place of an anemic V-SICKS....

"Fagedit"........Found the answer. The E40 uses the application of 12V to unlock the TCC, not an interruption of 12V.
FWIW, the blue wire is connected to the output side of the brake switch, so when the brakes are applied, the 12V is sent to the TCC.

As for the vac/switch.... It's going in the trash.

Back to finishing up the install of 450HP in place of an anemic V-SICKS....

The switch with the vacuum line is for the cruise control. Step on the brake pedal and the cruise disengages.

As for the TCC, the +12 V feed should be the opposite of what you mentioned. No foot on the brake pedal and the TCC switch is closed, sending +12 V to the TCC solenoid. The solenoid is then activated (for TCC lockup) by the ECM pulling the other end to ground.

In this case if the ECM continues to ground the TCC solenoid when the brake pedal is depressed, the TCC solenoid is de-energized and the TCC unlocks. This can occur with a two-foot driver using the left foot on the brake pedal.

RemoveBeforeFlight

you folks that are posting problems in this thread may be better served to start a thread with the issue instead of muddying up this one. You may get better responses, and it will be easier to follow the thread.

LED FRONT BUMPER TURN SIGNALS AND REAR TAILIGHT KIT PROBLEMS

Hello Scot,

I am having problems with the LED front and rear tail light kits:

When parking lights and head lights off:

No problems both fronts and rears function as expected

Hazard Lights without Parking and/or Head Lights:

No problems both fronts and rears function as expected

When Parking Lights and/or Head Lights On:

Dashboard - Left and Right flasher idiot lights stay illuminated

Front bumper LEDS blink however it is a weak blink

Rear Tailight LEDS left and right do not blink

Hazard Lights with Parking and/or Head Lights:

Dashboard - Left and Right flasher idiot lights stay illuminated

Front bumper LEDS blink however it is a weak blink

Rear Tailight LEDS left and right do not blink

I have installed both P/N 200002 (Spagetti Engineering) electronic no load flashers and grounded both.

I have checked both "X" terminals and both show 12 volts

I have tried using only the P/N 200002 (Spagetti Engineering) electronic no load flasher between the steering column and radio pod (leaving the stock flasher in the upper left-hand corner of the fuse panel). "No luck".

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

ok here you i am trying to make my own dualfan harness .the fans came out of a firebird forgot what year but they fit nice each fan has 2 wires i know i need 2 relays four or 5 point eather one will work only have to use four points. just need to know the signals coming out of the 3 pin plug to the original fan,thanks in advance .

how to manually turn on the rad fan with a switch. I thought it was the green wire under the fan relay, if you added power to the green wire the fan would come on. It did not. Help