New ECM installed starts and runs terrible NEED HELP!!!!!

Eluder-Racing

so I have a 86 GN factory ECM car sits in the garage most of the time hardly ever driven started and pulled the car out and was letting it run to warm up etc... while I cleaned the garage. long story short it ended up dying no fuel pressure found one of the pins on the original ECM broken off from corrosion. I ended up ordering one online it arrived with no chips installed so I had to install my chip and a smaller chip off to the side. installed into car and it started runs terrible won't idle. 2 things I have noticed I have a check engine light all the time and I also have a scan master gen 2 the round style and all the values on it are zero. when I turn the key on it says linking and it synchs up with the car but when I start the car all values are zero???? so im at a loss im thinking a bad connection or something with the factory plugs that connect to the ECM but I wasn't sure. I made sure the chips are in all the way and I also made sure the broken off pin is removed from the harness so those have been done? is there a relearn or something I need to do or a programing process I need to do with this new ECM. I got it thru auto zone its a cardone A1 brand.

so I have a 86 GN factory ECM car sits in the garage most of the time hardly ever driven started and pulled the car out and was letting it run to warm up etc... while I cleaned the garage. long story short it ended up dying no fuel pressure found one of the pins on the original ECM broken off from corrosion. I ended up ordering one online it arrived with no chips installed so I had to install my chip and a smaller chip off to the side. installed into car and it started runs terrible won't idle. 2 things I have noticed I have a check engine light all the time and I also have a scan master gen 2 the round style and all the values on it are zero. when I turn the key on it says linking and it synchs up with the car but when I start the car all values are zero???? so im at a loss im thinking a bad connection or something with the factory plugs that connect to the ECM but I wasn't sure. I made sure the chips are in all the way and I also made sure the broken off pin is removed from the harness so those have been done? is there a relearn or something I need to do or a programing process I need to do with this new ECM. I got it thru auto zone its a cardone A1 brand.
Do what Chuck said, I bet the female end (the connector) has corrosion on some of the contacts.

once you clean or replace your plug for ECM...you will probably want to do a IAC reset if your idle and TPS parameters are out of wack....clean your IAC and throttle body while your at it...If you do this procedure ....ECM will need at least 25-30 miles of NORMAL driving to re-learn;)

Last edited: