New e-85 setup. Track runs and powerlogger

Yea, stock fuel lines with hotwired walbro 340 and volt booster, siemens 80s.

Last edited:
Yea, stock fuel lines with hotwired walbro 340 and volt booster, siemens 80s.

My fuel lines gave out yesterday, so now I'm on the fence about switching to e85, and a few months back I bought those same injectors in case I make the switch to e85. I have a hotwired Walbro 340. Your car is running about what I want out of mine, so reading this is really making me think about switching over. I don't have a WB or Powerlogger, though. How vital are those if you're running e85?

All those are helpful but E-85 is great if aware of : higher pressure means larger return line at least! See my sig and consider new feed & return just in case..........

Need to build lines from local speed shop or patience with online suppliers... need to have 6an for return and 8an for feed.. I ran mine along left frame rail into back of engine for both. 2 filters 1 at tank & 1 at fuel rail . Lot's of research and decisions but worth it when finished!!! Clean, new, big enough for any fuel & you could always go back if desired...........................

That's what I like about the idea of giving E85 a shot, I can use the same pump and injectors with gas. How hard would it be to switch back? Do you mind if I ask what a ballpark estimate is for those feed and return lines with the fittings?

Spent app. $350 for everything and did install myself. Remember chip must be addressed to move to e-85 properly, yet easily changed back using TT chip with Eric's help...........

Attachments

• Image1083.jpg
    Image1083.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Image1088.jpg
    Image1088.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Image0911.jpg
    Image0911.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 222
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get away with stock lines, just run my 80s, a new chip, and would sell my Walbro 340 and get the DW 300, but I might have to get the bigger lines

I would add more timing and keep the boost around 25-30 .E85 loves timing .one thing I learned was to lower my EGTs I had to advance the timing. I have added 3* across my whole spark table

I would add more timing and keep the boost around 25-30 .E85 loves timing .one thing I learned was to lower my EGTs I had to advance the timing. I have added 3* across my whole spark table
So where you at with your timing?

These cars are 30 years old............... any improvement for either delivery of fuel at higher rate or just updating is something to consider!! Hi pressure needed for E-85 in itself calls for larger return line...........you decide how much you want to spend and assure results ??

Just run the non teflon regular fuel injection lines?
People blame return line size on other restrictions .. DW300 is the biggest you can go on a intank with a stock return line and in reality is all most will need .. Only lines that i do replace on some cars ( they were bad before the E85 conversion) are the short lines back by the tank