New drivers door. Hopefully this issue is resolved quickly

leirch

So I ordered a brand new Drivers for my GN frame off project on 5/3/2015.

The listing on gbodyparts.com is very explicit about having the item shipped to a business/dock location for safe delivery, if delivered elsewhere there may be a surcharge. So I pulled some strings from a local business and supplied that address on the order form to guarantee the best possible chance at getting a perfect door so I don't have to put up with having to send this thing back with damage.

Order is processed and shipped on 5/4/2015.

Today is 5/8/2015, door is waiting on my front step at home, not at the business, attached is a picture of the box that it came in, note no pallet , the packaging in this box is pathetic, almost zero padding/bracing.

I've emailed Brian and sales@gbodyparts.com and am waiting to hear something. I was going to wait a few days but I had hoped to actually work on the car this weekend, but that's obviously not going to happen.

I've spent thousands of dollars at gbodyparts.com over the years and this is the first issue I've ran into. I will without question update this thread with whatever happens.

1.jpg 2.jpg IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0278.JPG IMG_0279.JPG IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0282.JPG

I to ordered the same doors. Exact same beat up packaging and bent on the same corners. At 500.00 each you would think they could add some protection. On good side they fit nice.

Please tell me you sent them back and didn't settle? The doors really did look like they were nice pieces aside from the bent corners...

I did receive a reply about 45minutes after emailing Brian@Gbody. He said that he has shipped over 50 doors and hasn't seen one like mine. Which I honestly find a little surprising due to the lack of packaging material to assure safe shipping. But either way, he asked me to package the item back up and FedEx would be in contact to pick it up and a replacement will be sent out.

FedEx claim was opened on Friday, its been two full business days, no contact from FedEx yet for pickup. I emailed Sandy@gbody parts and she is supposed to be checking into this claim for me. I'm waiting on on door number 2 currently. No eta when the replacement will be here.

Sorry dude,i did not send them back. I was not going to deal with all that,it took to long to get them to begin with and wasnt really exspecting the new ones to be any better packaged,i really couldnt believe they just throw them in the box that way,hope your new come undamaged,best regard Gene.

4 full business days, zero word from FedEx about picking this damaged item up. 3 emails to Gbody parts asking when the replacement door will arrive. 2 days ago I was told that I would be updated shortly about when the replacement would be coming.

I'm told that the replacement door was shipped yesterday(5/15). No word from FedEx yet.

No tracking info for the replacement door yet. No contact from FedEx yet about picking up the damaged door either.

Just my 2 bits here....I too have ordered lots from Gbody and have had a couple issues with a few things that Brian and Sandy have taken care of for me.
I had to have patience too! Of course wanted everything right now, everything ended up working out for me in the end!

I just got the replacement door today, to my complete and utter disappointment, it was packaged EXACTLY THE SAME DAMM WAY. Except this time.. it was wrapped in a couple extra layers of plastic wrap with the sticker you see below.

I shook my head as the driver showed me this..and the door was standing on its side again inside the semi trailer. I asked to inspect, he was more than helpful in helping me open the box and look at the door. The edges looked good now except for the couple of dents in the skin... I was going to send it back but its pretty obvious Brian and the rest of Gbodyparts.com do not give a shit about listening to their customers about shipping/packaging concerns. I signed for the door and will never use Gbodyparts.com again.

To top this off, they still haven't picked up the first fucked up door.

Oh well. Enjoy!

I hope this educates at least one potential buyer.

IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0299.JPG

Maybe the doors are seconds. Are there corresponding cuts and dings on the boxes that match the doors?

This is just absolutely atrocious! That's all I'll say....I've learned my lesson from your poor treatment by GBODY and from lot of other HONEST guys here on the forum also.......man, I just feel so bad for you for all the crap you've gone through with GBODY'S thoughtless packing and so called promises....I have no idea why Brian is acting this way or his employees.....there's no excuse in the world for you to complain at all if proper business practices were followed in the first place....

Go ahead, Brain, yell at me full force.....I just hope you shape up or ship out! Atrocious!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Wow... I had the same problem with poorly handled/packaged bumper fillers. Its also funny someone else is posting for his new wheels...Mike

Not trying to defend anyone BUT.
I am looking for doors for my chevelle and every company says that -- Sheet metal may have small imperfections.

I don't have a dog in the fight but how come no one is mad at GoodMark or has tried to contact them for packaging concerns. Clearly they are the ones who actually made and packaged the doors. GBodys just sent them out and we all know how carriers treat stuff. Just wondering- I understand you actually purchased them from GBodys.
Seems they should share in the blame.
aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a dog in the fight but how come no one is mad at GoodMark or has tried to contact them for packaging concerns. Clearly they are the ones who actually made and packaged the doors. GBodys just sent them out and we all know how carriers treat stuff. Just wondering- I understand you actually purchased them from GBodys.
Seems they should share in the blame.
aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would GoodMark share the blame? They got the part to a vendor in good shape that's the end of their job. If the part was damaged then it should not get sent out. Sheet metal and fiberglass is a nightmare to ship for this very reason. No matter now much padding and boxes we used fiberglass hoods were damaged at least 50% of the time, this is why we stopped shipping them.