New documentary on the GN

I am officially order No. 1.

The site is getting tweaked but open for orders. I could not order the poster yet while the site is being tweaked.

I am officially order No. 1.

The site is getting tweaked but open for orders. I could not order the poster yet while the site is being tweaked.

thks for posting.... didnt know they were on sale yet.... just ordered mine too...

yeah buddy...i'm no. 8

Meh... I think a lot of important history was left out of this film. Im sure it was a great effort but unless whoever made this really beat the ground to find any of the people who truly innovated for these cars (And almost all of them are gone) its just going to be a fluff piece with a bunch of cars in it. Props to them for making it but Ill be passing. I have my own 25 year version in my head.. Im sure theirs is quite different. Difference is, I was actually there.

Meh... I think a lot of important history was left out of this film. Im sure it was a great effort but unless whoever made this really beat the ground to find any of the people who truly innovated for these cars (And almost all of them are gone) its just going to be a fluff piece with a bunch of cars in it. Props to them for making it but Ill be passing. I have my own 25 year version in my head.. Im sure theirs is quite different. Difference is, I was actually there.
Unless I have been misinformed, there are several people who were involved with then, and are currently involved with, these cars throughout the DVD. With your stellar attitude about the entire project, I am frankly surprised you weren't asked to be a part of it.

Unless I have been misinformed, there are several people who were involved with then, and are currently involved with, these cars throughout the DVD. With your stellar attitude about the entire project, I am frankly surprised you weren't asked to be a part of it.

You kind of made my point. No one thats involved with these cars still was around when it all started, at least not from an aspect that contributed to the popularity of the cars. There are a few of us but I suspect by seeing the trailer who they used for their sources and thats going to paint a very skewed picture of how things really were and a lot of people who were incredibly important in the early days of these cars Im sure were left out simply because most people dont know the history or for other reasons which Im just going to leave alone.

Props to them for making it I guess but I feel pretty confident that a lot of important stuff in the history of these cars were omitted.

I doubt I would have participated even if I was asked so thanks for the backhanded slap. Ive been jaded for quite a while and if you had walked a mile in my shoes, you'd probably know why.

Hopefully they did it right and interviewed the people that deserved to be on it but Im 99% sure that didnt happen. The subculture is what made this car what it was.

It would be cool if it followed a car or group of cars through the years at events, kinda like Love the Beast documentary. Could even make it funny as well, like Duck Dynasty but with Buicks and follow all the shenanigans between the north and south racers for a year or two and condense it into one movie.

There's already a review out:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/06/movie-review-black-air-the-buick-grand-national-documentar/

The filmmaker appears to have made a very good attempt at talking to the principles that were still around.

Kind of what I would have expected. Im sure its a great piece but its missing a lot of important history. People would be floored if they knew some of the stuff that has gone on with these cars over the years but I guess if you just want to make a story about the car itself, its probably a great piece. Theres just so much more to the story.......

........... The subculture is what made this car what it was.

Nothing says it better Jay! :D

This car is ALL about performance, street and strip, and the people that pushed the envelope in developing and building parts specifically for our car put them in the forefront, and some are still doing it to keep them there!

Many current production cars easily exceed the performance of a stock GN, but the "mystic" still belongs to the GN!

Many good people and companies not mentioned have contributed to the stature of the GN in the automotive performance arena, and we are all greatful for what they have done, and continue to do for us. :)