New, current updated Michigan thread.

Halloween car show at Dooleys Roseville on the 27th. Starts around 2. Had to call and ask since their webmaster/FB is too clueless to promote. Anyways its usually a good turn out. DJ, costumes, candy for the kids.

Also show at the Packard Proving grounds this Sunday 1-5

Gilmore has reopened after the lock down. I went to the cruise night for a walk around last Wednesday night. Quite a few cars, maybe 200-250. Guy at the gate with the clicker said he was told to allow 300 cars and 500 people. Live music and the outdoor bar was open. Long line for ice cream so I skipped it. Some different cars came out. Always interesting to see what new iron shows up at the start of the new season. Muscle Car museum looks like it's still in the works but I gotta think their construction schedule must be delayed. They were closed for a while and some of their shows were cancelled due to COVID. I didn't check but Gilmore's Facebook page normally has pictures of their cruise nights.

The gilmore museum is one of the best venues for a car show! I did not know they had a cruise night. It’s a bit far for me to go just for a cruise night but I may have to try to make the trip sometime. This is going to be a really different car season.
KID

Gilmore has reopened after the lock down. I went to the cruise night for a walk around last Wednesday night. Quite a few cars, maybe 200-250. Guy at the gate with the clicker said he was told to allow 300 cars and 500 people. Live music and the outdoor bar was open. Long line for ice cream so I skipped it. Some different cars came out. Always interesting to see what new iron shows up at the start of the new season. Muscle Car museum looks like it's still in the works but I gotta think their construction schedule must be delayed. They were closed for a while and some of their shows were cancelled due to COVID. I didn't check but Gilmore's Facebook page normally has pictures of their cruise nights.
I participated in a small cruise Friday evening in Byron Center area. We drove through a couple nursing home parking lots with the old folks sitting outside with signs thanking us. Even though the last half of us got lost, it was still a good time.

The gilmore museum is one of the best venues for a car show! I did not know they had a cruise night. It’s a bit far for me to go just for a cruise night but I may have to try to make the trip sometime. This is going to be a really different car season.
KID
if you're going to cruise at the Gilmore make sure you go early. They are limiting car count this year and you don't want to get there late and not get in. It's also a pretty early cruise. Cars are leaving by the time I get there. I usually try to get there by 6:30 - 7 because I don't get out of work very early. Pick a good weather night and the place will be busy. Cars come and go. I stick around until they start shutting it down. It's on the museum grounds inside the gates and the people there are working so they don't like to stay open late. It's not like it's a store parking lot.

Went to the Gilmore last night with the GN. First time out this year with it. Started right up. There were a lot of cars there last night. Over 300. Some interesting stuff. A candy apple red 67 Volvo P1800 with a modern Cadillac V6. Two, yes two, Opel GT's. Two, yes two, custom 1959 El Caminp's. I have a soft spot for 59 ElCo's because I have (2) basket cases in the garage that need a ton of work. Two, yes two, V-8 Vega drag cars. Mine was the only GN again. Ice cream stand is open, live music and outdoor bar. I didn't ask the guy at the gate what the car count was but it was definitely well attended. There was a beautiful 60 Impala there that the guy just finished. I was talking to him and found out he may have a line on a '59 348 four barrel motor for sale. I need to look at that one. Been looking for a 348 for a little while.

Just a reminder for Woodward Wednesday two days from now. Same place same time. It’s already being talked up on the Facebook group

Interest seems to be dwindling on tomorrow… I’m going to take a pass myself may be there on Saturday depending on how it goes

I’m planning to head out Wednesday. Haven’t missed it in years. I’ve never taken my GN. I’ll either have the GN, TTA or my red lightning. If you see me say hello! Depending on the weather. View attachment
KID

Weather was perfect. Worst turnout for Woodward I’ve ever seen. Heading back out Friday and Saturday hopefully worth the hour hike to get there.
KID

So a friend of mine says the parking lot across from the Moose preserve where normally park is all tore up. Anybody have any ideas on alternatives if we can’t get in there?I’m gonna be there about four. If anyone is local maybe they can drive by and check out the status of the lot

I was specifically heading to the turbo meet and got side tracked. Didn't think about it till after 8. It's usually a pretty good turn out. Anyone make it?
KID