New computer, tranny rebuild...

GO 4LO

Hi, guys,
Thinking about picking up a project GN. Here's a quote out of the ad:
Quote:
Heres the bad. Needs computer,motor surges at idle computor shows code 22,but its not the tps,troubleshot narrows it down to connection at computer or computor itself.You also get the shop manual(4 binders full).Needs rockers,Trans rebuilding,Muffler.Rear 1/4's have patch panels(homemade).Trunk lid rusty underneath. Car must be trailered to dest

How much can I expect to pay for a new computer (and where to get it?), and what will a trans rebuild cost on average (and who's the best?:))? Thanks.
Chris

You can get a good used computer for $50. There is a good tranny guy in Kent Ohio. Name is Jim Campbell. I will email you with his number.

Just for the record, it sounds like the car your getting is very rusty. I'd hold out for a solid rust free car. Just my opinion.

Well, I'm thinking about replacing most of the body next year with fiberglass stuff. Not sure which all body panels are available in fg now, though? The motor on this car sounds like its in good condition and price is good, but the body looks horrible, so I'm still not sure about getting it. Thanks for the info and the tranny guy!
Chris