New Buick XFI Sportsman ECU!!!!

Cal can you start a new thread for everyone to post up their installation, comments, tips, and hopefully not, but also problems. I was going to start the thread but I know it will get maximum attention if it's from you. That way we can all learn and benefit from others. This will be completely new for a lot of us. I'm nervous, excited and a little intimidated about the learning curve to understand the XFI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great idea!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

20171113_133441_HDR.jpg 20171113_133454_HDR.jpg Our "Glove Box Mount" would work fantastic for mounting these.... http://www.gnsperformance.com/interior-g-body

Last edited:
The kit is designed to mount the adaptor box where the stock computer was and run the harness to the Sportsman out the top, behind the glove box (just release the little clip on the upper left of the glove box door, and it will open farther). The Sportsman computer will fit in a cavity to the left of the glove box.
It doesn't have to be installed this way. I know some have mounted it to the back of their AC delete plate (if equipped). Others have set them inside the glove box, etc...
Our GNS Glove box mount would work Great for mounting these...http://www.gnsperformance.com/interior-g-body

20171113_133441_HDR.jpg 20171113_133454_HDR.jpg
Thanks Scot, I saw those. Designed my own that fits in a different way. I'm guessing there is plenty of room behind the box area to mount this as yours look quite a bit larger than mine. (First time ever saying that! )
Man I'm loving this Sportsman!
Glad your liking it... With our mount the actual glove box is removed from the door and our mount attaches to the door... You can Still use ours to store registration papers and such under our bracket, it's not gone 100%.

Last edited:
Glad your liking it... With our mount the actual glove box is removed from the door and our mount attaches to the door...

I'd be lost without my glovebox. There's not many places to put stuff in these cars anyway! If it was strictly a race car I would do one of your brackets

The Spokesman fits nicely in the owners manual slot.

Last edited:
Anyone had issues installing the software program in a laptop?

I have 2 Sportsman units and the USB supplied will not load the program into either of the 2 laptops we have tried.

Both laptops are used only for FAST programs, Classic, XFI, XFI 2.0, and also the Powerlogger, so we are not complete idiots tuning with these laptops.

One laptop is XP, the other is Vista.

The Sportsman download from the FAST site will load on the laptops, but will not connect with the Sportsman computer.

Any help is appreciated.

Anyone had issues installing the software program in a laptop?

I have 2 Sportsman units and the USB supplied will not load the program into either of the 2 laptops we have tried.

Both laptops are used only for FAST programs, Classic, XFI, XFI 2.0, and also the Powerlogger, so we are not complete idiots tuning with these laptops.

One laptop is XP, the other is Vista.

The Sportsman download from the FAST site will load on the laptops, but will not connect with the Sportsman computer.

Any help is appreciated.
As far as i know you're the only one. I am curious if anyone else is having this issue. Feel free to call me

Last edited:
Not sure what Cal and my buddy doing the tuning discussed how to get it loaded on the laptop, a phone call rectified the situation, and the car now runs!

Thanks Cal, this is probably number 100 of the many times you have assisted us

Not sure what Cal and my buddy doing the tuning discussed how to get it loaded on the laptop, a phone call rectified the situation, and the car now runs!

Thanks Cal, this is probably number 100 of the many times you have assisted us

Thanks Cal, this is probably number 100 of the many times you have assisted us over many years!

This is the second time my 11 year old MAC has posted many duplicate replies and then it locks up, sorry.

question about map sensor??
my razor kit plugs into the map sensor an also connects to the tps sensor all plug an play
how do I plug the fast into the map when its. connected into the ally kit?

question about map sensor??
my razor kit plugs into the map sensor an also connects to the tps sensor all plug an play
how do I plug the fast into the map when its. connected into the ally kit?
When you installed your alky, you ran a green wire into the car. That's the MAP signal to the alky. You will need to "T" into that wire abbr connect to the center green wire on the MAP connection by the adaptor harness. BE SURE TO MAKE GOOD CONNECTIONS! This is the signal for all the fueling and timing of your engine

There's another sticky thread for posting and answering sportsman tech questions