New accufab = junk

i haven't found the need for an adjustable regulator in years. i control wide open fueling in the computer not by adjusting pressure.

I believe the E85 users are starting with a much higher static fuel pressure. They might be in need of an adjustable regulator. The stock regulator is too low for modern chips so that's another reason to use the afpr.

S
An oem regulator won’t have these kinds of problems. These things have a high defect rate. I’ve had a couple with problems. Someone else told me they found a staple inside the regulator after it failed to function properly. I’d bet you could test 1000 stock regulators and never find a faulty one even with a lot of use and sitting dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so hows the factory 237 regulators?

I’ve never seen one fail and I’ve never seen the stock regulator fail either. We used to crush them to obtain the baseline pressure we wanted

I believe the E85 users are starting with a much higher static fuel pressure. They might be in need of an adjustable regulator. The stock regulator is too low for modern chips so that's another reason to use the afpr.

It’s not too low and a chip can easily be burned for a stock regulator. A little more pulse width and a little more injector flow needed to support the same airflow. E85 doesn’t require much higher fuel pressure. Higher fuel pressure can be used if you have the pumping ability but usually larger injectors are used

i haven't found the need for an adjustable regulator in years. i control wide open fueling in the computer not by adjusting pressure.

Yes this is what I rec. if it’s speed density the injector flow rate just needs to be adjusted

It’s not too low and a chip can easily be burned for a stock regulator. A little more pulse width and a little more injector flow needed to support the same airflow. E85 doesn’t require much higher fuel pressure. Higher fuel pressure can be used if you have the pumping ability but usually larger injectors are used

To clarify, the typical chip ordered off TT site would be set up for 43 as stated in the instructions unless something else is specified. I'm guessing most people order a chip without custom instructions so the stock regulator would need to be modified or changed. As far as the E85, most users seem to be switching to E85 for higher performance setups with large injectors and high volume pump(s) to deliver the larger volume of fuel needed rather than something closer to stock performance.

To clarify, the typical chip ordered off TT site would be set up for 43 as stated in the instructions unless something else is specified. I'm guessing most people order a chip without custom instructions so the stock regulator would need to be modified or changed. As far as the E85, most users seem to be switching to E85 for higher performance setups with large injectors and high volume pump(s) to deliver the larger volume of fuel needed rather than something closer to stock performance.

Yes but the injector part number and calculated flow is what’s needed to get the fueling close. There’s no downside to running lower or higher fuel pressures if this information is given when ordering a chip.

Just to clarify, what are the base pressures of the 233 and 237 regulators?
When I tested a 237 it was at 44-45 depending on the gauge. It was just a normal store bought fp tester gauge and a fuel rail gauge.
Yes but the injector part number and calculated flow is what’s needed to get the fueling close. There’s no downside to running lower or higher fuel pressures if this information is given when ordering a chip.

Understood.

Is this a 237?
image.jpg