NEW ac compressor??

Don't use the aluminum extensions and mount the green and yellow seals to the pilots on the hose block not the compressor. They will fall out if on the compressor and end up in the black hole subframe. Just make sure they seat properly before you tighten down the bolt on the block. I bought the same hoses from them just be careful the powder coat is a bit fragile and scratches real easily. Put your pag 150 or mineral oil in before you mount it up (suction port).

Fyi just got my condenser from napa. fitment looks like it will be similar. any pros/cons from using this to the modine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
I just received the same condenser. I won't have the a.c. working for a month or so. Curious to see how you made out.

I just received the same condenser. I won't have the a.c. working for a month or so. Curious to see how you made out.
Im in the same boat as you. As far as efficiency according to these guys here we should be way better than stock. The brackets look like they can be made to fit the oem rubber grommets. I havnt had my ac working since i owned the car so its gonna be a little while. I have my entire rad support out for powdercoat ( i got carried away) lol

I hear ya. My car has been parts for years, lol. I am also getting my aluminum radiator support powder coated, dropping it off tomorrow!

:edit: missed a word.

Last edited:
I hear ya. My car has been parts for years, lol. I am also getting my aluminum radiator powder coated, dropping it off tomorrow!

why would you do that?? The alum will reject heat better if not painted or coated.

I wanted to chime in on this for my recent experience.
July 2014 I bought an New AC Delco compressor, new condenser, drier, and orifice valve, flushed the old evap. Installed everything and it held vacuum for an hour.
Charged w/ R134 and blows hot.
Last week I took it to a local AC place and they said the Compressor was not "pumping". Reordered a new compressor, installed, vacuumed, and refilled--ice cold air.
Brand New compressor no good from the get go....

Hope my luck is better than yours, new AC Delco compressor and all new components except for the evaporator which I removed and flushed. Too much oil in the system? I am going with R-12.

Hope my luck is better than yours, new AC Delco compressor and all new components except for the evaporator which I removed and flushed. Too much oil in the system? I am going with R-12.
yea my buddys dad owns a garage and when I asked for some advice and mentioned id be going to r134 he said WHY I have a entire tank of R12. hope its not grandmas oxygen mislabeled ! :confused:

I'm a little confused - happy4444, is the condenser you got from Napa the same as the Modine (or maybe Spectra) that Chuck got? Or is it different? And are either of these condensers good for R134a, or are they stock replacements intended for R12? I'm trying to figure out just what to buy for mine, since I'm about to go through the mass replacement of a/c parts and get mine working again, and I'd like something that is good for R134a.

Thanks

John

will do!
Thanks for the heads up.
Is there a better orifice/ filter available?? Seems I read that there's 1 w/ better filtering, etc...Y/N?
NE one you know that sells the replacement dryer?
I have a box of seals. You say all... as in condensor, compressor, dryer, etc?? Good idea as they're 25+ yrs old.:D

I have a box of seals, too....all they eat is fish!

Seriously, Chuck, use the green seals that are made for R134.....NAPA, (where I got mine) Advance Auto, etc. has them, or get them on Amazon....be sure to flush out your hoses and evaporator......the Ford orifice seems to be a better replacement as I recall on a previous post here, but years ago...maybe someone else can tell you the number of it...oh, yeah, the BLUE FORD OIRIFICE......our own Charlie is an expert AC mechanic, he should know....shoot him a question about this orifice. He also shoots skunks!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Last edited:
I'm a little confused - happy4444, is the condenser you got from Napa the same as the Modine (or maybe Spectra) that Chuck got? Or is it different? And are either of these condensers good for R134a, or are they stock replacements intended for R12? I'm trying to figure out just what to buy for mine, since I'm about to go through the mass replacement of a/c parts and get mine working again, and I'd like something that is good for R134a.

Thanks

John
i think the modines /spectras are a different part number than what i recieved and coated black but can still be ordered through napa. someone had the part number for it on page 1 or 2 here

Thanks

John

I'm doing the same thing. It would be great if somebody put together a part # list.

I ended up shit canning the Spectra condenser I got from Rock Auto, going with an AC Delco one from Highway Stars instead. Seemed sort of flimsy to me and didn't like the way it fit.