new 86 GN owner

Buckshot G/N

Welcome to Forum, Some good news, you own 1 of 5512 1986 GN produced. That number for Ttops opinion is probably available with some deep research.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
any number you see or read about as far as how many 86 GN's got T-tops will be pure speculation....we all would like to know how many cars got certain options ...it has been talked about in great detail for many years....GM of Canada actually kept a bit more detailed records on our cars , but still not how many got a said option...all we know for sure is how many of each model and year were made...any query you have ....ask google and add Turbo Buick to the end of question and you can read many threads on this great forum....which has been going since the late 90's....also check out gnttyp.org and vortexbuicks-etc.com...

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
I have a TR that is, according to Dennis Kirban, one of the lowest optioned TR's ever built.

I'm silly like that....... Wanna race? LOL :)

Last edited:

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
PICS?

Attachments

• Headed for Lou's place - 7.27.19.jpg
    Headed for Lou's place - 7.27.19.jpg
    800.3 KB · Views: 35

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
basically all it has is a posi rear end and aluminum bumper inserts/suppots....no power anything ...no cruise ...and even no tilt ....balck car with burgundy interior bench seat and chrome trim....crazy low optioned ....
just found it the other night ....the rarest low option IMOP is no tilt steering (N33).. bc it was the cheapest option ....IIRC like 33$....

149145498_10224205935606495_4429240237498048585_n.jpg

Last edited:

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
basically all it has is a posi rear end and aluminum bumper inserts/suppots....no power anything ...no cruise ...and even no tilt ....balck car with burgundy interior bench seat and chrome trim....crazy low optioned ....
just found it the other night ....the rarest low option IMOP is no tilt steering (N33).. bc it was the cheapest option ....IIRC like 33$....

View attachment 362669

A. Is it for sale? Ugly, ugly combo, no doubt, but there's an ass for every seat.......

B. You FOUND this one, I OWN mine. ;)

C. And mine has less........ 'Nuff said. :LOL:

D. Sell it, NOPE. My kid will inherit it. He can do what he want's with it.

Back to the OG's thread.

Cool car! Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
BTW OP, my first TR was an '86 GN. I spent all kinds of money from '89 to '96 to make it run low 12's, High 11's. Best time was 11.75. But that was the shit for a family guy, real baby seat in the back, real street car back then. My boy took some real rides back then. too on the street.

I wouldn't do that shit now......... Well, maybe....... He's 28 now......

In '96 it was stolen..........never to be found........ :( Buy a column lock and use it religiously. At least it serves as a deterrent and slows the fucking thieves down some....

You're going to love this car!

Last edited:

Blacky

Drive it like you stole it
Another 86 gn with t tops here, is that 4 now. I lost track :mad:

Blacky

Drive it like you stole it
Guy, I bet those are very rare what the astral roof. That's a nice car