New 81-87 Rear Quarter Panel Repair Patch Panels

I didn't word that very well. I need the left lower front patch but the bottom corner of the outer wheel tub is also rusted. I will order the lower front quarter patches as soon as they are available. any thoughts on when the outer tub will be in the works?

thanks

I didn't word that very well. I need the left lower front patch but the bottom corner of the outer wheel tub is also rusted. I will order the lower front quarter patches as soon as they are available. any thoughts on when the outer tub will be in the works?

thanks
We have the front & rear patches en-route. At Sema we spoke to the manufacturers & are getting the outer wheel house built & the top Arch built. This will eventually lead to the full qaurter panel. We ship the samples out for the outer wheel houses this week. this is generally a 90 day turn around.

I am guessing I won't have patch panels under the tree Xmas morning? Do you have an ETA on them yet? I'm anxious to get this thing ready for spring.

I am guessing I won't have patch panels under the tree Xmas morning? Do you have an ETA on them yet? I'm anxious to get this thing ready for spring.
Is there any intel on when the patch panels will be available? I'd love to be the first one to get them on my car and give some feedback!

Is there any intel on when the patch panels will be available? I'd love to be the first one to get them on my car and give some feedback!
is there any more information on these panels? I will have to resort to building my own if it doesn't look like they will be available in the next month. I have sent an email regarding this as well. Any response at all would be welcome , be it yes, no, or we're not interested in your business

is there any more information on these panels? I will have to resort to building my own if it doesn't look like they will be available in the next month. I have sent an email regarding this as well. Any response at all would be welcome , be it yes, no, or we're not interested in your business
My bad! I checked my email on my old phone last night and found an old email I had not seen. It was from your sales department and said they would notify me when they came in. I will wait patiently as I've decided to build my own for now as I have no intention of letting my baby sit for another summer. The experience will be good and I will have all the pieces including the outer wheel house on hand when I do the full resto. Btw, that little step GM built in around the wheel opening is a bitch to reproduce!

Do you have these patches ready yet?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
No, I'll check I think they are shipping with the cowl hoods. Buick is in production & waiting on the Olds cowl units to be completed before shipping.

If your in a bind I can cut out sme original units for you to help out.

Well we have a little suprise.
They will here in 3-5 days.
They will be in line price wise with the Olds & Monte patch panels.
$65 for fronts $69 for rear per side
We also have new rocker panels coming in. These are off of our NOS GM units.
They will be $99.95 each. a lot nicer then the old slip on units.

Well we have a little suprise.
They will here in 3-5 days.
They will be in line price wise with the Olds & Monte patch panels.
$65 for fronts $69 for rear per side
We also have new rocker panels coming in. These are off of our NOS GM units.
They will be $99.95 each. a lot nicer then the old slip on units.
I finished my own driver side patch a week before I got the email that these were available. I think it turned out okay, I learned a ton but it was way too much work. I ordered both fronts immediately as well as some other goodies. At least I can drive it this summer and deal with the next priority in the winter.

I too would like to know what the status of the inner fenders and the quarter panels are?

Adrian

I put these quarter panel patches on in January. Fit pretty well. The left rear was a little off, some altering of the wheel lip was required. Happy with the product. Sure beat making my own!

when did you order the quarter panels? And did you buy just the wheel well opening or did you get the entire panel?

How much did you pay?

I bought just the lowers, I purchased them in early December. For all 4 pieces it was 300.

PHONE 091.JPG

Attachments

• PHONE 091.JPG
    PHONE 091.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 220
Did the area around the patch warp bad? I built my own drivers side before these were available and I had to di some stretching after I finished welding. I was thinking of replacing the panel from just below the body line on the pass side to alleviate some of the distortion next time. Actually the stretching process was easier than I thought but still wonder if the body line method would be better.

Did the area around the patch warp bad? I built my own drivers side before these were available and I had to di some stretching after I finished welding. I was thinking of replacing the panel from just below the body line on the pass side to alleviate some of the distortion next time. Actually the stretching process was easier than I thought but still wonder if the body line method would be better.
No, the patch panel thickness was much thicker than the original. I stitch weld and move around the area when welding. I also use a blow gun and cool it off when welding.