New 17" GTA wheels

When I spoke to hawks they said they wI'll fit our gbody with no spacers. Not sure of the tire size. Will ask when they are ready.

Even on the site that there is a link to for them in this thread, showed they had 0 offset backspacing and would fit g-bodys as a result.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Even on the site that there is a link to for them in this thread, showed they had 0 offset backspacing and would fit g-bodys as a result.

Sorry I couldn't get the site to load.

I had posted that in-case some couldnt get the site to load. I know some had issues getting it to come up.
I can see some getting a set of the 17 x 9 gta's and running 16 x 8 gta's up front with 17 x 9 gta's out back. With street tires on 2 of the 17 x 9's for everyday driving and having Drag Radials mounted on the other 2 for when they hit the track for a staggered stance look.

Last edited:

So with zero offset, does that mean back spacing is 4.5 inches...one-half of 9 in.?

It would seem like 4.5", but they say they're 4.75" BS which I believe is the same as the 16x8GTA Front

I have doubts about a 9in wheel on the front, even on a GTA/TTA. My GTA's rub on full lock but my Aerospace brakes bump the track width half an inch in the front. Why can't they make 8in and 9in versions for a staggered fit?

They look nice. But

Unless they are all aluminum they will be very heavy.

D

That'd be nice. I seriously plan on buying these but 9's in the front are gonna be too wide. I'd love 8 front 9 rear

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113 on street tires

Does gns still sell the gnx front wheel well extenders or whatever they were called? Maybe a heat gun and persuasion tool can help with the front well

Im thinking these wheels may work with a 245/45/17 on the front end and a 275/45/17 out back. Their website says they are being released in Feb 2015 now...