New 1/8th time 7.24 @ 87 mph

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
Still stock converter and stock neck intercooler...20psi 22° timing across the board with a 40 shot for launch...1.73 60' with some slight wheel hop which caused me to lift for a split second at the top of 1st gear....front mount is coming during cruising the coast in a couple weeks....hoping it uncorks the mph as much as I think it will....

Opinions welcome

Interesting thread,I have left on the spray and am wondering why your running just 20psi.if I'm reading correctly your leaving on a 40shot shutting it off and letting the 62/62 carry a pretty light car at only 20lb of boost to 7.2/87.car et real well for 20psi any reason why you don't give it more boost?or just working your way there.the mph should come with more boost.

Also when I ran a d5 I used to lock it in third and pickup mph but this is your call.

Yeah it normally runs 92-93 but pedal a bit at top of first gear...the boost is staying down because of the stock necked intercooler but yes Mr.spool you are reading correctly... I have a front mount intercooler coming in 2 weeks... hoping to trap 95+ at same boost.... going to work the boost up to mid 20s following

Yeah just looked up your video on the Tennessee board..good looking pass..maybe if I spring for this converter I can leave a bit harder....

I'm counting on this intercooler to help big time.... That stock neck is killing me without alky

I wish I had a precision slic! Lol...I'm going to be going from a bone stock intercooler to front mount

I have exactly the same as you...with the exception of a FMIC. Ran 7 flat at 102 last weekend on 110 with Erics matching 5.7 race chip on a 1.73 launch.

Wow! What boost/timing/afr values if you don't mind ? What size injector and pump ?

Stock short block...stock pistons...stock rods...212/212 flat tappet...race ported big valve 8445 heads...stock rockers...stock timing chain/gears...Champion stock appearing intake...stock welded headers...Racetronix SS Hanger/255 LPH pump...60 lb injectors...Injectors and FP hotwired.

1st gear fueling...802
Low gear timing...2 degrees higher than Erics default
2nd gear fueling...760
3rd gear fueling...744
3rd gear timing...Erics default timing
Launch RPM...3975
AC 16930 Convertor
Trap RPM...5600
VP 112 Race Gas
TT 110 race chip
Boost 23

Yes, I tune with NB.:)

Last edited:
Just an update...I installed my megacooler front mount and am now trapping 97mph on 20psi 19/18 timing ON PUMP GAS ONLY...still launching like a dog though it only went 7.71 with a 2.1 60'....No nitrous cause I have not installed a bung in the new piping yet

New time for me is 6.72 at 104.67 with my 6262. 1.jpg