Never seen this before

Rob Lyons

My cam sensor cap went bad so the great folks at Casper electronics fixed me up with a new cap at a great price. Always a pleasure dealing with those guys. Got the new cap and just installed it since the cam had already been timed with the old cap. Once installed the light would not come on which was weird since it was timed and ran even with the old cap being messed up. The problem with the old cap is the wires had come exposed after years of use. So, i pulled the cam sensor, brought the engine to top dead center per the directions and reinstalled the cap. Bam, light came on, it was timed. I ran around the block a few times and then parked the car for the weekend. When i got back home after the weekend i went to start the car and it backfired as if it were 180 out. I looked at the engine with the key on and the cam light was out as if it were not timed. What could cause the cam sensor to no longer be timed when it ran fine before being parked?

The motor has to be 25* ATDC then u drop it in and do the regular procedure.

Did all of that. This isn’t the first cam sensor install I’ve done, but even tho I still followed the directions that came with my new cam cap.

I’m wondering how it was timed on point , then driven, parked for two days and now its not timed correctly.

I’m hoping that the bolt is the culprit. I’m pretty sure I tightened it down during the install. But I will be checking in about a hour.

Could anything else cause the sensor to go out of time or the cap not to work like maybe a fuse. The cap is brand new so I’m taking a bad cap out of the equation.

The cam sensor +12V is on pin N of the CCCI module, gray/red wire.

Ground is pin L of the CCCI module, black wire.

Pins A and C on the cam sensor connector itself, sensor output is B.

ECM/IGN 10A fuse and the CCCI 10A fuses run the CCCI module.

Could anything else cause the sensor to go out of time or the cap not to work like maybe a fuse. The cap is brand new so I’m taking a bad cap out of the equation.
The tab on the cup itself can break and if the cup turns it will change the timing.