Never meet your heroes! '86 Grand National

dynoman

s not reusable and needs to be swapped out regularly. Have you noticed quick loss of effectiveness with glass?
I've never swapped it out , I have just added more to the bin . It get pretty fine and gets sucked out the vacuum hole . As far as effectiveness , it seems to work about the same as fresh beads , but I haven't blasted to many badly corroded / coated parts . If I did I probably would use aluminum oxide media .

Jon Early

I've never swapped it out , I have just added more to the bin . It get pretty fine and gets sucked out the vacuum hole . As far as effectiveness , it seems to work about the same as fresh beads , but I haven't blasted to many badly corroded / coated parts . If I did I probably would use aluminum oxide media .
That makes sense! Thank you! I plan to use a dust collector so it sounds like that will help me with maintenance.

dynoman

That makes sense! Thank you! I plan to use a dust collector so it sounds like that will help me with maintenance.
I'm thinking of using a Dust Deputy with the shop vac because it doesn't filter out dust very well just using the shop vac alone . I have to vent it outside .

Jon Early

Welcome to the Club!!!!!!

But when they run right........ It's Heaven.

You'll get her sorted out.
I'm looking forward to finally experiencing that! 🤣

I'm confident I'll get there. Band aiding that hacked up alky system was getting too risky and the header leaks never would've allowed for a good tune to work anyway. I just need to get it back together now.
You can remove the pan quite easily with the engine in. Definitely worth a looksy.
Good to know! Thank you. I know I'll be less nervous later if I do that.