couple of tweaks to new format please

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
@JayC, @MikeE

two things I noticed from formatting pre and post crash/fire. could you guys consider these adjustments?

1. in each of the forum's sub-sections, there is the header for "sticky's" and "normal threads." with the same font size, text color and left alignment, there is not a clear separation. suggest centering the words in those headers, bigger font, whiter or other text color to make a better visual separation.

2. when external web links are added to a thread, with or without descriptive text, the previous formatting inserted the link in yellow text. now an embedded link or the full address only shows yellow when a mouse cursor moves over the link. otherwise the descriptive text or full address text color is the same as the rest of the text in the thread. when viewed on a desktop or laptop, the link disappears in a sea of same colored text. not so easy to see embedded web links since most of us do not slide the mouse cursor line by line as we read.

maybe these adjustments can be implemented at some time as the site is tweaked? thanks.

1. in each of the forum's sub-sections, there is the header for "sticky's" and "normal threads." with the same font size, text color and left alignment, there is not a clear separation. suggest centering the words in those headers, bigger font, whiter or other text color to make a better visual separation
I was going to suggest this also !!

@JayC
Hi Jay,

I'm glad to see a lot of data from the May 2020 thru March 2022 backup was able to be merged. I saw a few hundred posts of mine were restored - I'm thankful for that as most of what I do is helping folks find solutions or alternatives in the problem solving process rather than me asking for help.

The highlighting separating stickys from normal threads in each sub-forum looks good. This is something dynoman and I suggested. It really does make reading easier.

I started too look thru my browser saved bookmarks/folders and noticed that saved threads created in this 2020 - 2022 time period get the OOPS message as not found. Any idea what happened to them?

One thread was turbo nasty's write-up on new ported 8445 iron heads he was doing. it was created 10 January 2022. this was looking to be a great alternative to the lack of support/delays from Champion since Tom passed. The attached flow charts were impressive. link below.

https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/...k-turbo-v6-factory-irons.473425/#post-3970009

It was also commented that threads in the regional section are gone or just disappeared with the relaunch of the merged database. see thread below discussing most recent New England area thread is from 23 June 2020 - where did two years of threads go? other regional sections appear similarly.

Lost

When you have a chance, could you look into this? Thanks.

-Anthony

@JayC
Hi Jay,

I'm glad to see a lot of data from the May 2020 thru March 2022 backup was able to be merged. I saw a few hundred posts of mine were restored - I'm thankful for that as most of what I do is helping folks find solutions or alternatives in the problem solving process rather than me asking for help.

The highlighting separating stickys from normal threads in each sub-forum looks good. This is something dynoman and I suggested. It really does make reading easier.

I started too look thru my browser saved bookmarks/folders and noticed that saved threads created in this 2020 - 2022 time period get the OOPS message as not found. Any idea what happened to them?

One thread was turbo nasty's write-up on new ported 8445 iron heads he was doing. it was created 10 January 2022. this was looking to be a great alternative to the lack of support/delays from Champion since Tom passed. The attached flow charts were impressive. link below.

https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/...k-turbo-v6-factory-irons.473425/#post-3970009

It was also commented that threads in the regional section are gone or just disappeared with the relaunch of the merged database. see thread below discussing most recent New England area thread is from 23 June 2020 - where did two years of threads go? other regional sections appear similarly.

Lost

When you have a chance, could you look into this? Thanks.

-Anthony

They may have been reindexed and not reachable by that URL anymore. It would be good if the OP can check in his profile and see if the post is still there.

I did happen to notice Jerryl's thread on Who are you voting for in 2020 , which is 340+ pages & 6700+ posts long ended up in the Parts Wanted section under

" I'm looking for a working adjustable fuel pressure regulator "
Maybe the missing threads are just relocated on the board somewhere else . just a thought .
Thank you for all you do to keep this forum alive .

I did happen to notice Jerryl's thread on Who are you voting for in 2020 , which is 340+ pages & 6700+ posts long ended up in the Parts Wanted section under

" I'm looking for a working adjustable fuel pressure regulator "
Maybe the missing threads are just relocated on the board somewhere else . just a thought .
Thank you for all you do to keep this forum alive .

Do you have a link for this?

They may have been reindexed and not reachable by that URL anymore. It would be good if the OP can check in his profile and see if the post is still there.
yes, looking at other URL's and completing searches, the six digit number at the end has changed. that's the case I've found for some bookmarked threads of mine I've checked so far. only affecting threads from the 10 May 2020 to that day in March 2022 that I have personally bookmarked URL's. still haven't been able to find turbo nasty's thead I linked in post above, either searching via this site's search tool or via an internet search using the thread title limited to turbobuick.com.

through the process of checking & changing these indexing #'s for my bookmarks, I found something weird. some of my pics uploaded to a for sale thread of mine appear as attachments to another member's post in a completely different and unrelated thread. for example, pics from my for sale thread below ended up attached to a post by TurboTGuy on some other thread. that's beyond my level.

my for sale thread link, pics 1 and 9....link => FS: NOS GM and Performance Parts

got added to post #8 in this thread below.

Wheels, tires, moldings some hard to find nos ect

yes, the thread title in the URL and the index # are a mismatch. the thread was originally posted by SFI Cutlass, and can be found by changing the number to 479074. don't know title wording for what the 468094 index goes to or how the pics of the t-type horn center I sold ended up on TurboTGuy's post. that's beyond my level.

thought you should know and maybe these details help.