Need stock chip for 86/87 ECM

ram1984

Does anyone have a stock chip for a 86/87 ECM that they want to sell. I have the ECM but it did not come with a chip.

Thanks

Why do you want a stock chip? I can burn one for you if you really need one codes ACXA or BBKJ which is the recall chip.

The car is new to me and I read that the 86/87 ECU would be a plug in replacement. I bought one and it did not come with a chip at all. I want to get the car to a base line to scan it and see how to proceed. Since I don't have any history on the car I am working in the dark. I was told the engine was rebuilt and it is painted a different color. The block casting number says it is a 82 block. It runs ok under part throttle but if I floor it the engine starts to ping and it looses power. Back on part throttle it runs fine again. I came with a Hyper Tech 424012. I have no experience with Buick Tubo's so I am learning as I go.

What would you suggest for a chip and what is the cost shipped to 20194.

Thanks

In order to program a proper chip I would have to know what modifications were done to the motor. What year car do you have?

It is a 1984 Regal T Type hot air engine. No modifications that I am aware of but I have no way to confirm.

The 86/87 computer will not work with a hot air car.
That's incorrect, and typically one if the first modifications on a HA. You do need to either add the IAT or program the error code out.

OP, just contact Turbotweak.

X2 TT chip. Stock chip had some issues and even a bone stock car will benefit from one of Eric’s chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. So I can use the 86/87 ECU with a TT chip. Where do I get a TT chip? Can I just add the TT chip to the ECU and run it with the stock TB and MAF?