Need some rust advice

Wgrainy

70k 87 gn rust on frame. Need some advice. I'm using vinegar right now but it's taking forever. Has anyone used something that is more 'immediate'.

Was thinking por15 but I haven't personally used it. I have seen it mentioned a ton in threads.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20170829_123144.jpg
    20170829_123144.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 216
70k 87 gn rust on frame. Need some advice. I'm using vinegar right now but it's taking forever. Has anyone used something that is more 'immediate'.

Was thinking por15 but I haven't personally used it. I have seen it mentioned a ton in threads.

Thanks in advance.
Navel jelly

Side grinder and a scotch prite pad, then a choice of chassis black or chassis saver on it. It looks like that area has been used as a jacking point a lot and they weren't using the factory jack . I have a very dense polyurethane pad on my jack to save my finish on my nice GN frames. Nothing major , the area under your door is probably the only area painted black, my factory frame was bare and was powder coated several years ago, (wouldnt want to do that again)

after degreasing and wire brush rust remover or muriatic acid. Be cautious if you use acid it burns if it splashes on you.

I've used this stuff for years, also use it after blasting just as a extra prep before painting. It burns if it gets on you too. I've put in in a spray bottle with a little rubbing alcohol to thin it to spray into hard to reach areas.

SMM-69508_xl.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. Were factory frames painted black or some type of chassis paint?