Need some help

GT350

I apologize that this is probably not the correct forum. Please hear me out. I belong to the Thunderbird Super Coupe Club of America. Each year our club has a two day event. We call it our annual shootout. It's been taking place the past 15 years. The past 4-5 years the attendance has really begun to drop off. As our cars age and the folks get older it gets more difficult to drive attendance. The first day is a car show, and the second day we rent a drag strip and race our cars. Awards are given out both days, etc. It's a great group and some pretty fast cars too. At any rate, the event is really about getting together with cool people and enjoying our cars. Our club President has decided to not move forward with another event as this years attendance was very low. He also said he would leave it up to its members to keep it going and do something different. I thought it would be cool to reach out to other clubs from the same time period and possibly join together once per year and create a shootout of a different kind. I thought of the GN crowd first because I have always loved these cars and second you folks are also forced induction 6 cylinder cars as well. And it may be cool to revive a little competitive rivalry and relive the 80's and 90's with a little grudge action. I am also open to inviting other clubs as well. I figured with a combination of a few clubs combing into one event it could be something special and larger than what we have been seeing with our club. I have added a link that better explains the nuts and bolts of our annual shootout a little further. http://www.sc-shootout.com/ Who would be best to begin a dialogue with to see if there is interest in making this a reality ?

Sounds like something that could become a nice get-together. Is the event held at the below location every year?
Mountain Park Dragway
718 11th Street
Clay City, KY 40312

It has been at the same location for the past 10 years or so. We are very open to a change in venue and to be honest, a change is due. This track is showing its age. The return lane has potholes, etc. I was thinking Kilkare ( https://www.kilkare.com/ ) would be a nice venue. We typically have a car show/dyno competition on day one, then day two is the drag racing competition. Would you be someone I can coordinate with to try and get this off of the ground ?

The TR guys from AZ and CA (and others) are trying to put something together in Tucson next year, I'm certain we would welcome some Ferd guys. :cool:

Contact Brett, Boost231 here on the board.

The TR guys from AZ and CA (and others) are trying to put something together in Tucson next year, I'm certain we would welcome some Ferd guys. :cool:

Contact Brett, Boost231 here on the board.
Yes next year I want to get something going for sure. SIR will be the place. In the next few months we will try and work on a date

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk