Need some help in Daly City

kjizzle

Broken
Any of you gurus down here willing to help me out with an electrical/mechanical gremlin I've been chasing for six months now?

Used to be I would get an intermittent sputtering and stalling, with sometimes a code 42, especially in hot weather, so i thought maybe coils... Nope.

Still had the problem. Replaced ECM... Nope. New chip? nope.

Replaced the ignition control module... Nope. Worse than ever. Now its a constant Code 42. Drives like ****, doesn't like to shift into 4th, and in an unrelated problem, now pisses coolant at any RPM higher than about 2000. Horrible steam pouring into the cabin.

EDIT: Also sometimes now at idle, the scan tool shows 000 for o2... WTF

I'm about to just buy a new car. I've had it for over 4 years now, and I don't want to, but i just can't keep pouring money into a car that can't get me where i need to go.

Please guys. PM me if a call would be more helpful... Thanks a bunch.

Are you looking for a shop to take it to or you want some help with fixing it yourself?

Peter

Thanks for the reply, but I fixed it again yesterday. I checked the icm connector and the screw was not all the way tight. Thanks for replying! I'm working on getting the devil running smooth again after sitting for six months. Its just been one thing after another.

EDIT: if anyone ever sees a washington state GN in the bay area, thats my POS

Glad you got it worked out. There's quite a few turbo Buick guys out your way.