Need Ported heads ASAP

quicker6

Ihatechangingheadgaskets!
Well, after a long wait for my ported heads from the machine shop I received word today that they arent any good. Apparently one of the valve seats cut into the water jacket. So, I really need to find a good deal on another set. I had just over a $1000 into those and now have a pair of useless castings. Does anyone have a GOOD pair?? Please let me know ASAP. My cars been sitting for a LONG time now. Thanks guys.

I have a sent Kenny dutweiller did
Bigger valves. Nice springs made over 550 to the tires on 7 psi.
1300.00 plus shipping

I have a sent Kenny dutweiller did
Bigger valves. Nice springs made over 550 to the tires on 7 psi.
1300.00 plus shipping

I hate hijaking but I have to know whats up with this engine.

Ok thats 7 psi? So what you are saying is the motor made around 480 N/A.
CID, Cam specs and compression ratio?

I have a set here if you're interested, Can provide pics of them and I do head porting. Been diong it for almost 30 years now so at least I have a clue on how to do it.:biggrin:

Hey Charlie, this is my first attempt at porting ...did I do good?

Sorry to the OP. free bump for you.

Bryan

Attachments

• IMAG0439.jpg
    IMAG0439.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 178
ill have a set prob this weekend. i bought champions and will be removing my ported stockers.

Hey guys,
Nice power smoke but I cant swing the cash for those. Thanks for the offer. $800 is a little on the high side but could you send me pics USMC. And charlie could you also send me pics and a price as well as raist. Thanks guys. Cant wait to get the car up and running.
Derek
sachsdca@msn.com

And also replied to all PMs!

They look good. Any more finished pics? Sorry if I missed it, did you have a price in mind? I could really benefit from that set of heads. Lmk please.
Thanks
Derek

$300 plus shipping just as they are and I'll knurl the guides. These are set up for max lift so you can run a big cam. I can give you the part numbers for the SBI exhaust valves or send you a link so you can go with bigger valves.

Forgot to say no valves but bare and ported. I've got a set of beehives I can throw in for an extra $100 with keepers and locks as wel. They're used but in good condition.

Ok so theyre set up for larger valves? Ive got a set already. And I also have the springs and chrome moly keepers/locks from my other set of heads. Could you please email me more pics. Where in TX are you?
Thanks

Ok so theyre set up for larger valves? Ive got a set already. And I also have the springs and chrome moly keepers/locks from my other set of heads. Could you please email me more pics. Where in TX are you?
Thanks

I'm in between DFW and Waco just off I-35. About 10 miles SW outside of Hillsboro TX. I haven't finished the heads yet, but the plans are Ferea stailnless valves and bronze guides. You should be good with stock valves though.:smile: My car has hit a few bumps when I found the frame was rotten.:mad: I need to raise a little cash for parts so I can do another set of heads since I have 5 sets right now.:) Send me a PM with your email and I'll try to send you more pics of the heads. Any particular angles you want to see?

Ive got the oversized intake valves from gessler heads in NJ. I frequent DFW and was actually thinking of going there in the near future. No pics in particular. Any you have that cover all areas will work. What kind of parts do you need? Im an aircraft mechanic and can get a hold of all kinds of things. Sanding discs, sanding rolls, burrs, etc. Maybe I could help you out some. My email is sachsdca@msn.com
Thanks