Need New Front Rotors - What is best?

HyperV6

I am finally needing to replace my original stock rotors. I was thinking about the AC Delco Gold 18A87 or Raybestos 5064. Anybody know what is the best stock replacement rotor that you can buy today? I prefer a stock appearing rotor.

Thanks for any info, Craig

I went with Raybestos 5064s and their Element 3 pads. Happy with them.

The current supply of them is mostly Chinesium junk.
We used to get them with "made in Canada" on them. Now China.
The main difference I find, is the current product has to be skim cut before they are strait enough to use.
Most likely, the Delco's are Chinesium, too.
As for the "stock appearing" aspect......Unless you drive around minus the ft wheels, there'll likely not be many negative comments. JK. ;)

Food for thought. Talk to a local mechanic that has a good reputation and ask them what they recommend.

If I needed a set of rotors I'd probably go for these, English company that makes these rotors in two
factories, one in England and one iirc in Ohio and are supposed to be top notch. Rather expensive but
would outlast half a dozen of those cheap imported ones.

If I needed a set of rotors I'd probably go for these, English company that makes these rotors in two
factories, one in England and one iirc in Ohio and are supposed to be top notch. Rather expensive but
would outlast half a dozen of those cheap imported ones.
I use their cintered brake pads on my motorcycles. Greatly reduces the stopping distances on them.

I used a slotted and drilled set up from BrakePerformance.com.

No problems in a couple thousand miles so far , but I also used them for my '09 BMW M5 and they warped within five thousand miles. They warranted them with no questions., even paid shipping.. BUT..... 15K with no issues on the new ones. I drive the snot out of that car, 164K on the clock now.........

And yes, I used them for the Buick BEFORE the issue with the BMW....... so I guess we will see.

Last edited:
Looks like the EBC rotors are part number RK7000 for our cars. They are more expensive but I'm always will to pay more for USA or England made parts. I'll try to very the manufacturing country and post it once I know. Thanks for all the replies.

Craig