Need new 3" exhaust

Gnx6

So I dropped my car off at a fab shop to have the intercooler pipes modded and downpipe fitted. The flange on one of my 15 year old mufflers was starting to break so I said hey, put some mufflers on it. Bad idea, not I need a fully system.

So here's the question, who makes a nice dual 3" system that fits well?

The Pypes 3" exhaust fits great, I have one on my car, and have done a few others.

It sounds very good and no drone.

I have the kit in stock, and can ship today!

The Pypes 3" exhaust fits great, I have one on my car, and have done a few others.

It sounds very good and no drone.

I have the kit in stock, and can ship today!

I am also looking for an exhaust system and it is not showing any on your WEB site.

Does anyone have a good sound clip of them?

Mark, Like I said , that $27.00 pulley you sold me cost you thousands.

I will pay double off E-bay before I will buy from you again.

I believe RJC sells a single shot 3 inch system. My car has a3 inch single shot. Straight off the downpipe,no cat no mufflers. Just straight pipe over the axle and out the back. Mine is not RJC and is loud as hell but who cares,not me. Think single shot and save money.

So I dropped my car off at a fab shop to have the intercooler pipes modded and downpipe fitted. The flange on one of my 15 year old mufflers was starting to break so I said hey, put some mufflers on it. Bad idea, not I need a fully system.

So here's the question, who makes a nice dual 3" system that fits well?

There are a few systems out there.

Pypes 3" 409 SS dual exhaust as mentioned.

GN1 3" 304 SS dual exhaust as mentioned.

RJC Racing 3" 304 SS crossflow exhaust system.

3" 304 SS single shot exhaust as mentioned.

4" 304 SS single shot exhaust system.

Pick the poison that suits you best.

Out of curiosity what exhaust system is failing?

TR Custom Parts (that's where I purchased mine) or RJC.

michael evens, sorry to hear about your troubles with TR Customs. They've always good to me whenever I purchased anything from them. Hope you guys work it out. Especially over a lousy $27.

Nothing to work out. Wanted to return a part. Told him about restock fee that is posted on the site and suggested that he would be better off just selling it instead of paying the fee and shipping back of it. I'm done on this so continue the exhaust discussion. Thanks.

Wow, thread hijack...

I wanted the RJC 3" single shot system but was under the grind to get something fast as the car was tying up their rack and RJC was closed for a few days when I was trying to get it. Ultimately I ended up with the Pypes system, and it didn't fit very well. It cost me almost 800 bucks to get it put in as the fit was so poor. The shop said I would have been better off paying a bit more for a full custom system but they were already committed once they began install. I do have the RJC super sway bar system so that made it worse. Really wish I could have gotten the RJC system. I have lots of other RJC stuff on my car and have been very happy with it.

I should have asked this before.
Is it for a GN/ TR or a GNX as your username would suggest?

I should have asked this before.
Is it for a GN/ TR or a GNX as your username would suggest?

It’s for a GN. I’ve been using that username across the internet for 17 years. Always found it confusing when people use different names everywherre so I just picked something and stuck with it.

It’s for a GN. I’ve been using that username across the internet for 17 years. Always found it confusing when people use different names everywherre so I just picked something and stuck with it.

Boy, it's too bad the Pypes system required that much tweaking to fit well.

All of the systems need some tweaking to fit. GN1 and the Old ATR systems fit well. I love the sound of the RJC 3in crossflow system and the added ground clearance for a lowered car, but it's another case of terrible fitment. The bends weren't tight enough over the rear axle and after the hanger broke off the muffler it would hit the gas tank, sway bar mount, and diff girdle. Had to have a buddy of mine who does exhaust fabrication take it apart and reengineer it.
RJC exhaust.jpg