need my T tuned

me too!!

I'm also looking for a reputable TR mechanic who know their stuff. has anyone heard anything about a shop called Peninsula Perfomance in Redwood City?

I'm also looking for a reputable TR mechanic who know their stuff. has anyone heard anything about a shop called Peninsula Perfomance in Redwood City?

Sergio is good people. He does great work and speacializes in 50's,60's and 70's GM muscle cars. He does other projects as well. My shop is down the road from his and all I see is great work out of his shop. His chevelle came the top 16 in the pinks all out last year. I dont know if he does anything with GN's though. What did you need done?

I do not have a scan tool but i am in the process in getting one. as far as the fuel system, i added 42.5# injectors w/ matching chip, Accufab adj. fpr, fuel press. gauge. i had the fuel pump replaced but unsure what type of brand was installed. and it's not hotwired.i need a diagnosis on why it's running like it is and go from there.

i know someone that can check out your turbo regals he can meet anywhere anytime. pm me ill pass on his info. he has worked on my we4 past 5 yrs now i think.

I am moving out to the Eureka area to help a friend run a car dealership. I'm going to be doing work on TR's from there. His lease is up and we may relocate...or not...up in the air right now.

I am not an engine builder. ..But my car runs nines.:smile: The only things I DIDN'T do are engine/tranny internals and the cage.

It ran 10's on a chip and factory MAF.

I am honest and a perfectionist, I can fab, weld, install whatever and tune the he!! out of one!:cool:

I go to the race trac!!!. I don't guess about HP and ET's.

If I can help anyone I will....I will need help getting started and need your help. I will post back with contact info when I get set up if anyone is interested.

I know this is a finnicky bunch of car owners. I look forward to trying to build a solid rep in Northern Cali.

The Pine Tree Posse strikes fear in the heart of these southern Mustyang boys. I'm gonna have to see what these western Mustyang's have got!!!...lol...but...I know what they're gonna get.:biggrin:

I'm gonna bring the TTA and the nine second car. I'm looking for a T I can start a build on when I get there. Any leads to good cars would be appreiciated.

Thanks!

Are you in the SoBay?

Back in '91-'92 I took my GN to a small Mom & Pop shop that I've forgotten the name of. I'm sure I have the paperwork somewhere in storage.

It was located in San Jose, around 9th and Julian Streets.(there's an East thrown in there - not sure if it's East Julian or East 9th) I'm fairly certain the gentleman who owned the shop went by the name of James or Jim, an Asian man.

I took my '87 there and he also wrenched on my '69 Nova. Never had any issues w/ his work. If I recall correctly he worked for Buick or GM in MI in the late 80s. One of my UPS drivers had a GN and this shop was on his route, he also took his GN there for service.

It's a wild shot, but it's something.

isnt 6 months a long time to think about getting a tune ..... esp when driving the car alot????;)

tuned is different from fixed buddy

there is nothing wrong with my car :biggrin:so i can drive as much as i want:cool:i just want it tuned because i know i can get more out of my setup then what it is getting right now. my car only see's about two weekends a month for your information:biggrin: and if your not trying to help me on getting my car tuned why are you even here:mad:

well for some one(ME) who is interested in your car that you have FOR SALE.......
it worries me that you are running around UNTUNED!! For over 6 months.

Are your air fuel tables correct? Running rich or lean?

See where I'm coming from!?

Joel

sorry for getting all defensive its in my nature

well for some one(ME) who is interested in your car that you have FOR SALE.......
it worries me that you are running around UNTUNED!! For over 6 months.

Are your air fuel tables correct? Running rich or lean?

See where I'm coming from!?

Joel

from my experience i feel like there is something holding this car back from its potential:frown:. i tried to talk to the person who built the car and figured out that what this car really needs is a 2800 stall converter:biggrin: and that will explain why it feels like its holding power back. maybe im saying it needs a tune but really it just needs a couple upgrades, don't get me wrong this thing hauls a$$:biggrin:

what does the car run in the 1/4. Any scanmaster #'s during the pass?What psi?What was the fuel trim?People online may able to help you without the need to go to a shop.

thanks blackstallion for your concern

what does the car run in the 1/4. Any scanmaster #'s during the pass?What psi?What was the fuel trim?People online may able to help you without the need to go to a shop.

my car at the moment is put up because it needs a timing chain and maybe a new turbo but as soon as i get it back on the road i'll let you know about the readings. thanks;)