Need motivation to work on it again!

DCVING 6

Feel like if I post a pic I can look at during break at work that it might motivate me enough to work on it again. Been sitting in the garage with the timing cover pulled off awaiting a new front cover, timing chain, water pump, gaskets, etc, etc. Haven't driven it since Nov of 2009. Seems that will happen after having a baby or two. :D

Glen GN1.jpg
Glen GN2.jpg
Glen GN3.jpg
Matt and Zach.jpg

Looks like a very nice car. I can't wait to get mine running again...has been driven less than 200 miles since I bought it in 2007.

Good luck....at least yours is in need of minor repair, I melted my motor !!

Bryan

isnt having kids great, I have a 14month old and its great. I can wait to take her out for ice cream in the gn thats what keep me going on it

Good looking kids and car. Lucky man!

By the way, a beautiful GN sitting there with drag radials, begging to go beat the piss out of everything else on the street should be motivation enough! ;)

I feel your pain. My kids have taken pretty much all my GN, exercise, bike ride, run, etc time. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

How bout this for motivation: Stop being a sissy Glen, put your GN together before I have to visit New Lenox in my street car GN and terrorize your neighborhood (and maybe your lawn) myself!!!!

Welcome to my situation. I had a 10 seconed Camaro with a truck and trailer. After having 2 babys that stuff had to go. lol.

I decided to build a TR so I can fit everyone into my hobby. I bought a Roller in late 2010. the car was off the road since 1991 as a roller. For the last year I have been fighting this hobby every single days to get the car together. We built the motor and trans from dead scratch. Everything is fresh and there's a lot of money invested. I have even tried to sell the car off once or twice during the build. Growing up I always wondered why people had kids and than sold there stuff. The reason is because there is ZERO time to be involved with it. My daughters are now going on 2 and going on 4 years old. I wanted to have thing together as fast as possible so it doesn't take up anymore of my time away from the family.

***Ironicly. The car is sitting in my work parking lot today. It is the first day after a long battle that I got to drive it in to work. It was a weird ride after staring at it and cursing it for a solid year. Also knowing that it the first time it's been in traffic in 20+years.

Posting the pictures of it can be good motivation and I know that because I did the same thing with mine. After seeing it on the screen it really gets you jump started. Your car looks nice and deserves to be on the road. The car is counting on you to finish it. It needs your help just like those kids. lol.

Here is mine on the first day out since 1991!! It still needs paint and cleaning.

downsized_0206121116.jpg