Need help with sending units!

TurboHogg

I have purchased a oil pressure gauge and a water temp gauge but I do not know were to put the sending units. Can I connect to the factory sending units? Thanks

Are they electrical or mechanical? It is wise to retain the idiot lights for the oil and temp when using aftermarket gauges.You will always notice the light first before the gauge.Plus the oil gauge cuts of power to the fuel pump if there is no oil pressure at the factory sending unit.I added a nipple,tee,and an adapter to the stock setup for the oil gauge.For the ttemp is a little more involved,first the intake needs to be drilled and tapped to accept the gauge adapter in the boss on the front of the intake right next to the CTS.It is more diffucult this way but it offers the best possible protection.

What is the CTS you are speaking of This is all new to me. I take it that the intake will need to be removed to drill and tape for the water sensor? Is this the only way?

Should be able to get an adapter to fit for the temp sender.
The oil sender you have to add in like TurboBuickSix said.
There's some pics, at my info site: just click on the link below.
HTH :D

Originally posted by TurboHogg
What is the CTS you are speaking of This is all new to me. I take it that the intake will need to be removed to drill and tape for the water sensor? Is this the only way?

CTS coolant temp sender,you will see a round pad to the right of this sending unit.It is located at the front right of the intake.The other temp sending unit(the one for the factory light)is located at the front face of the intake right below the thermostat housing.I would think there is no easy way to do this with the intake on the car so you will have to decide to lose the factory light for a while until you get around to tapping the other hole or just waiting and using the factory light until you can do it.I suggest you leave the factory temp light for now until you can have both the light and the gauge.If you overheat you may not spot it until you see steam or the headgasket gets taxed.If you are the type that religiously checks gauges every few minutes(like me)then this might not be a problem.