Need Help with injector's and fuel pump.

griffgoody

My GN spun a bearing. And it's been sitting for abt 6.5 years. Abt to rebuild motor. Nothing fancy. But since the 42lbs injectors and Walbro Fuel Pump with Hotwire been sitting for almost 6.5 years. Will they still work. Or do they need to be replaced. Or does the injectors need to be sent off and flow tested before build. Thanks John

Last edited:
Yes you need to send off the injectors to have them cleaned and flow tested at minimum. You may end up replacing them for new ones. Chuck Leeper on here does them and his turn around time is quick.

If the car has been sitting for 6.5 years drop the tank and pull the pump out. I bet you the fuel looks like varnish and the pump is corroded. Time to replace the fuel filter as well. Flush the lines out with good fuel. Don't run clean injectors on dirty fuel.

A new fuel pump is cheap compared to a newly rebuilt motor.

Yes you need to send off the injectors to have them cleaned and flow tested at minimum. You may end up replacing them for new ones. Chuck Leeper on here does them and his turn around time is quick.

If the car has been sitting for 6.5 years drop the tank and pull the pump out. I bet you the fuel looks like varnish and the pump is corroded. Time to replace the fuel filter as well. Flush the lines out with good fuel. Don't run clean injectors on dirty fuel.

So True. Thanks for info.

Should I go back with the same Fuel system setup. or is there a better system out there for my setup. And who sales it. Thanks John

Should I go back with the same Fuel system setup. or is there a better system out there for my setup. And who sales it. Thanks John
If the injectors check out ok use them but it all derpends on the hp numbers you are trying to hit. If you have to replace them you may end up buying a set of 60s, I dont know where you can buy a set of 42pph injectors any more.

Word of advice, don't give away your fuel tank unless you have to, finding a new tank with the correct bladder and baffles in it is not easy. You will likely have to clean out the tank too.

If the injectors check out ok use them but it all derpends on the hp numbers you are trying to hit. If you have to replace them you may end up buying a set of 60s, I dont know where you can buy a set of 42pph injectors any more.

Word of advice, don't give away your fuel tank unless you have to, finding a new tank with the correct bladder and baffles in it is not easy. You will likely have to clean out the tank too.
WOW. This is gonna be one heck of a project I see. Thanks for info.