Need help with front springs issue!

Please take this as a polite discussion, internet can feel impersonal.
The metal bar stock the spring is made of will twist or roll as the spring is compressed.
Another way to look at it. Silverado front torsion bar springs. If they were shorter they would twist less all else being equal. I don't have any formulas to contribute, just examples which may be making it less clear, haha.

oh trust me i'm not heated or anything, i just want to try and make my understanding of it clear enough and figure out how you're thinking about it so others can learn too.

i don't think the weight of the car is loaded 100% perpendicular to the spring, so there will be a small component of it that does generate some moment around the spring. but it's such a small amount that it's negligible, and therefore you wouldn't cause any noticeable changes in ride quality. so with that component of the weight being negligible, the other component is completely being applied to compressing the spring, so there will be no twisting of the spring.

i don't know what silverado front torsion bars springs are so i can't add anything to that.. but if a force is being applied perpendicularly to the end of a spring, which is the scenario we assume to simplify how we understand the spring acts, the result of the force on the spring results only in compression. no twisting happens when you compress a spring. take a pen that clicks for example. if you have a clear one and can see the spring moving when you click it, consider the force of your thumb clicking the top end to be the weight of the car, and the spring in the pen to be the springs on the car. when you click the pen, the spring doesn't twist at all. just compresses and extends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 'after' pic is on bottom. Wound up taking the rest of the coil out and has droped over 1 inch from stock on d
IMG_0349.jpg
ay 1. Has a nice slight rake and the ride quality hasnt really sufferd much. Thanks for the advice!