Need help with adjusting Boost Controller

IMCA67

I just installed the RJC boost controller and am having some problems seeing any kind of adjustment. First off, my car is stock turbo, stock downpipe. I ran 22 pounds of boost before I installed the controller. I adjusted the wastegate down to about 15psi in order to adjust it back up with the controller. I have turned the controller in as far is it will go, and still see no more than 15 pounds of boost. Should the boost stay at 0 and jump to the controller setting all at once? What should I see if the boost controller is set too low(less than the actuator)? I have it connected tuner style between the turbo and the actuator. I have the boost solenoid capped off. Another weird problem I have noticed is that my wastegate rod seems to be longer than what people recommend to get stock boost. If I set the rod to where you have to pull it 1/8" to get it on the pin, the car has way too much boost will hit 20psi at barely half throttle and starts to get knock retard. At 22psi the wastegate is completely shut and the rod will slip over it. At 15psi you have to move the wastegate pin to put it in the rod hole. Any suggestions? Im not sure if I need to stretch the spring in the controller, etc, or if I have another issue. Thanks for any help.

Anyone have any ideas? This thing has me baffled. I don't want to start stretching the spring if I have an issue with the actuator or wastegate. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Do you have the end with the 90* bend going to the wastegate and the straight end going to the compressor housing?

Do you have the end with the 90* bend going to the wastegate and the straight end going to the compressor housing?

Yeah. The 90 degree end goes to the wastegate and straight to the compressor. The checkball is on the straight end with the spring towards the 90.

So if you back the wastegate rod off 4 complete turns, how much boost are you at?

Every half turn out decreases boost about 1 psi on my car. If I have the rod adjusted to where it is as short as it will go without having to pull it to put it on the wastegate pin it will be at 22psi. This is without the boost controller. So far I have adjusted the boost controller in and out and it never boosts any higher than what the actuator is set at.