Need help selling car in florida asap! details

BLACK6PACK

1 sec reaction King
My sister is trying to sell her car, and I've found a buyer for it. They are 120 miles apart and would like to take care of this in one day. My sister still owes money for the car (bank loan), and the person buying the car will be paying more than what my sister owes. There is a local branch here in town that can take car of the finance situation. The question i have comes in that the bank will take ten days to get the title. Is there any way the buyer can pay my sister, walk out of the bank with temp tags or something along the lines and get insurance without waiting the 10 days for the title to show up.

Thanks!

Depends when the transaction is going to happen, but if he wires the money to the bank (depends how trusting this guy is) you should be able to take the title with you, and the bank can sign off on it saying that lien was payed off. Then depending on how trusting you are, you can either let him keep your plates for the day, until he can take it to tag agency or just take them off, put a little sign that says "tags applied for" and call it good. If the cops pull him over and he has a bill of sale, the title, and insurance, not much they can do...I mean it is registered still. Good luck! You may also wanna contact the bank/dmv for better guidlines, but last time I bought a car, thats the way we did it.

otis

That's part of the problem, there is no guarantee that the person will buy the car. They are 99% sure they will buy the car, but if my sister were to show up with a big dent in the side of her car, obviously the buyer will back out. My sister will show the buyer the car, she says OK I'll buy it, they go to my sisters bank do the paperwork, sister pays the car off, buyer buys the car, then the buyer has to wait 10 days for the title to show up, and doesn't have tags to drive around for 10 days.

Can they use a tag that says "tags applied for"...I know georgia will, but you have to have proof, and all it is is a piece of paper that the owner writes on and sticks there...or maybe a transportation tag? Or if she buys it right there, just get to the bank, and see if they can do everything fed ex? Like I said, different states different laws...

I "thought" Florida had temp tags:confused: .. I picked up a car in Miami ..paid for it and left with a temp tag (ya I had proof of insurance)

Where'd you get the temp tag, the DMV, or did you buy it from a small dealer. It takes an hour or two at most DMV offices down here just to get to the front of the line. I'll do some more checking, thanks for the info guys.