Need help. Quick . EGR

GrandNational87

hey i know what the EGR stands for i just need to know if i need to drill in my powerplate for the EGR or what does that do exactly
need some help quick, got to put things together so i can get to work tomorrow. thanks

I can't answer your whole question re power plate, but I can tell you the car will run without the EGR functional. It just won't pass most emissions inspections. Hope this helps you get to work.
Jeff

It looks like your smog check program uses a dyno and emissions are measured at 30mph. If I'm wrong, please correct me. That puts your vehicle in at least 3rd gear. The EGR would be functioning and may affect your emissions results. IMHO, controling NOx on the emissions test is more difficult that than HC and CO. Personnally, I would just drill the hole. It won't affect performance, as it does not function at idle or WOT and could reduce part throttle knock retard (by reducing peak combustion temps).

Exhaust Gas Recirculation. I removed it on my daily driver and the NOx did go up slightly, I have been advised not to remove it by some "old school" Chevy guys. wish I knew why HAHA :D