Need Help or Info From You 80's Winston Cup Guys

cutluse231

Been Searching and surfing the net high and low for info on the 80's Buick that were in NASCAR/Winston Cup.

I can find who drove them,what place they finished and when, and some pics.

But wanted to know if anyone knew of the specs or have close up pictures of the "flared" Fenders and Quarters?

And also the Specs or close ups of the rear wing?
How it was attached , and moved up or down for down force?

Thinking of doing my Regal in a tribute format to the 80's Winston Cup Buick Regal cars, but my with mt twist on a modern version.

Thanks

Some pics I have
scrp020803zbuickregalna.jpg

By chadf at 2009-11-14
Mark Martin
1981nascar5.jpg

By chadf at 2009-11-14
28 Bobby Allison 27 Cale Yarborough
1981nascar4.jpg

By chadf at 2009-11-14
Tim Richmond and Richard Petty
26668299879733240a6d.jpg

By chadf at 2009-11-14
Bobby Allison

Almost 30 year memory so take it for what it's worth: The rear spoilers were no higher than 4 1/2" and non adjustable, fender flaring and radiusing were at the discretion of the individual teams (creativity was still allowed with regards to body shape)

Almost 30 year memory so take it for what it's worth: The rear spoilers were no higher than 4 1/2" and non adjustable, fender flaring and radiusing were at the discretion of the individual teams (creativity was still allowed with regards to body shape)

Atleast they still looked like a production RWD sedan.

A.j.

Atleast they still looked like a production RWD sedan.

A.j.

Allegedly true story from about 1983: Bobby Allison wrecked during either practice or qualifying. While repairing the damage the rear decklid was deemed unfixable and this was before the days of bringing 2 or 3 "spare" cars. End result the crew "borrowed" one off of somebody's rental car to fix the race car....woudl love to see someone explain that one to the rental agency!