Need help on Razors kit!

DSEROVY

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Just had a issue pop up - was working great and hit the test button the other day and had no change on rpm or wideband.

Talked to Julio the other day and didn't have a chance until today to mess around with the car - in-laws have the kids!

The test light is lighting red, but " Power Injection" is not lighting up & pump is not kicking on.

Heres what I've checked out:

Map - 5v on grey , green 1.6 volts engine off, no resistance between black wire and battery ground - crossing green/grey and the pump trickles fluid out of a hose running back to the tank. I also checked voltage at the pump leads while jumping the map and it was low voltage - 4-5v I think it was.

Pump - Throw 12v to the pump and look out! She's good.

Connections at junction box are good - battery voltage on red and zero resistance to battery ground, checking ground point under dash. If I cross black/red at junction box it's the same result as hot wiring the pump directly - garden hose!

The knobs have never been touched in the box and are @ 10 & 11:30 - turning the outer knob on and off, I can hear a relay clicking inside the module.

When I hit the test button and check voltage across the black and red at the junction box I'm getting .5v (1/2 a volt).

I think that's it-Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Turn the knob to 8 and try it. Is this a single or dual nozzle?

It's a dual nozzle kit. I've tried 8 to no avail! I did hold the test button and check voltage at red/black on the distribution block and turn the knob through the range - voltage does vary depending on position - just way low.

One of the first things I checked was putting 30psi of regulated air pressure to the map - pump just dribbles.

I haven't checked the power injection bulb itself yet - that should be getting the same voltage that the pump sees?

New! I installed a new one Friday, the car sat in "paint job limbo" for about 2 years with meth in the system. I figured cheap insurance & I wanted the new cover anyway. The sytem was acting up before this though.

Pump will shoot water 20 feet across the shop when I hold my finger over the rubber hose I stuck on at the filter, while giving the pump 12v directly. I sprayed one of my mechanics with it and he freaked out thinking it was meth - pretty funny (he didn't think so!?)! Yeah, I deserved the cussin'.

The thing that's got me is the voltage output to the pump. I'm getting the same low voltage under the dash & at the pump connector. The pump itself should be a non issue. I even ran an additional ground from the pump bracket to the battery.

1/2 a volt won't any liquid

Sounds like you have a bad ground or bad power source

When you press test with knob on 8 you should get 3.5-4.0 volts applied to pump

Unless bad ground on black wire or dirty power connection

Well, it seems that the most obvious solution is the last thing I always check!

I ran a ground cable from the battery straight across the engine and through the window to the ground under the dash and guess what happened - fixed!

It just goes to show that zero resistance to ground on a meter doesn't mean squat when you throw some amps to it.

Thanks for your input guys- I'm gonna go out and crank up the boost now!