Need help on choosing the right turbo size

.....you put a 72/75 on a 9:1 CR engine with factory style heads...and you didn't even bother to go twin scroll..which Gee M CAN do on their street headers...

The fact that you didnt go twin scroll tells me exactly what vendor sold these to you, because I know Boost Crew would have at least told you about twin scroll and how beneficial it is to helping you spool...plus the fact you got sold a turbo that is 2 sizes too big for a street car...

Jesus dude, did you just tell them you had a blank check and they could fill in whatever they want?

Sorry Im being a dick..its just I could NEVER see recommending someone a 72/75 for a STREET CAR....especially with 9:1 CR!!??!

Are you at least going to run E85??!
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-219&Category_Code=NGH

Im only looking to run mid to low 9 and have a reliable street car.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Omfg dude you could have accomplished that with a 6466 turbo!!!! WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEEDED A 7275?!?

Believe me, I have oogled those twin scroll v-band housings for a while now. Even played with ideas of putting twin scroll v-band headers with a Buick 3 bolt housing, and modifying the housing with that end flange...

But that is for a Garrett setup. He went PTE.

Im only looking to run mid to low 9 and have a reliable street car.

Omfg dude you could have accomplished that with a 6466 turbo!!!! WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEEDED A 7275?!?

Believe me, I have oogled those twin scroll v-band housings for a while now. Even played with ideas of putting twin scroll v-band headers with a Buick 3 bolt housing, and modifying the housing with that end flange...

But that is for a Garrett setup. He went PTE.
Well. Looks like I got enough to run 8's with that turbo. Nothing wrong with having alittle extra if needed. Lol

Well. Looks like I got enough to run 8's with that turbo. Nothing wrong with having alittle extra if needed. Lol

Hahah yea, right??!

Btw I shot you a message. If you could please hit me back when you get a free moment, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Tyler

Yes
47191823082f9b6887b20df9a7d8713d.jpg

what size openings are on the header flange?and what size downpipe?

I run the gen1 7275 with 96ar on 260" Ford v6 8.5cr and now wishing I had went 7675. It spools similar to a stock first gen s366 with 88ar.

I run the gen1 7275 with 96ar on 260" Ford v6 8.5cr and now wishing I had went 7675. It spools similar to a stock first gen s366 with 88ar.
Thats good to hear. I think it will be just fine for my combo. You can always send your turbo back and have a bigger wheel put in.

.....you put a 72/75 on a 9:1 CR engine with factory style heads...and you didn't even bother to go twin scroll..which Gee M CAN do on their street headers...

The fact that you didnt go twin scroll tells me exactly what vendor sold these to you, because I know Boost Crew would have at least told you about twin scroll and how beneficial it is to helping you spool...plus the fact you got sold a turbo that is 2 sizes too big for a street car...

Jesus dude, did you just tell them you had a blank check and they could fill in whatever they want?

Sorry Im being a dick..its just I could NEVER see recommending someone a 72/75 for a STREET CAR....especially with 9:1 CR!!??!

Are you at least going to run E85??!

What's wrong with a 72/75 for a "street car"? Not trying to get into a pissin match, but it seems that there are several, one could even say numerous 70mm+ turbos on "street cars". I have a 75mm on my car.....it's a car...I drive it on the street.... Am I doing something wrong? Still don't quite understand why people put labels such as "street car, or street/fun car, not a track car". I think, or at least it sounds like most of the people on this board drive their cars on the street regardless of turbo size. And, if the combination is right, it shouldn't matter where you drive it. Maybe I'm not old school enough.....I dunno.

Yeah I
Thats good to hear. I think it will be just fine for my combo. You can always send your turbo back and have a bigger wheel put in.

I think you'll be fine. People underestimate the tq big ci v6s make. Pair it with a 67mm or smaller and it's nearly useless on the street under 50mph without prep. Besides I'm betting that cam will like 6500+ rpm.

What's wrong with a 72/75 for a "street car"?
let me see if i can help with that.the larger turbo needs more rpm, alot more stall,better heads, more compression,the right cam and valvetrain,to operate in the higher or more rpm window of usage.your basically moving the power up and waiting to get to the power which is opposite of a responsive street car that needs to get into boost fast to leave the lights better or drop down hits or dig rolls whatever one likes to do.with a 64 or 67 it will lite up whenever you want and cover the op goal of mid 9s using a 72/75 or bigger for a goal like that is just creating lag and lowering response time of the car.

What's wrong with a 72/75 for a "street car"?
let me see if i can help with that.the larger turbo needs more rpm, alot more stall,better heads, more compression,the right cam and valvetrain,to operate in the higher or more rpm window of usage.your basically moving the power up and waiting to get to the power which is opposite of a responsive street car that needs to get into boost fast to leave the lights better or drop down hits or dig rolls whatever one likes to do.with a 64 or 67 it will lite up whenever you want and cover the op goal of mid 9s using a 72/75 or bigger for a goal like that is just creating lag and lowering response time of the car.
Lag is exactly what I want. Right now with a 67/68 three bolt turbo, the thing frys the tires at 70mph kick down!

Yes, I have dual adjustable viking coil overs, and 295/55-15 drag radials. Dead hook at the track at 3500rpm. But not on the street at 70mph.

Dead hook at the track at 3500rpm. But not on the street at 70mph.
very common.i will put it to you this way the bigger turbo will delay when the wheelspin happens but make no mistake at a certain power level it will happen.how much power are you making and how fast is the car?

Old combo with 109 stroker was 650rwhp and 10.0. This new TA motor has a lot more power and really crazy on the street. Have not been to the dyno yet.

Old combo with 109 stroker was 650rwhp and 10.0. This new TA motor has a lot more power and really crazy on the street. Have not been to the dyno yet.

i will pm you with a couple of things you can try to get the car to work on the street.

i will pm you with a couple of things you can try to get the car to work on the street.
Ok. Cool.