Need Help...new engine...tuning choices???

noahzark

...so ive spent the last 8 months doing a high performance rebuild on my 87 gn...its almost all back together...so now the choice i think is either....

...a powerlogger, translator, ls1 maf, and a scanmaster??? (if needed im not sure)....this is probably the simpler way to go but add it up and it gets expensive....

...next option...

...a maftpro...and go mafless with speed density...(will need a couple electrical harnesses which will cost a bit)....overall i think this set up will cost less as it will need less components...but a lot more involved in the actual operation....

....so i need some help seems to me the simpler/easier system costs a bit more and the more complicated system is a bit cheaper ....

...really do not know which way to go please help...thanks noah.

what are you trying to get out of the car? If i had the money i would go with a XFI system. If not i would use the Factory ECM with a powerlogger and a stock maf.

...car will be running in the tens...mostly street driven some track time...will be running alky...

...xfi bit too much money for me at this point ....

...im looking at the two ideas i posted...which do most run?...how is the performance on both set ups?...either the powerlogger ls1 maf set up ...or the maftpro speed density mafless set up...any more input would help please...thanks noah.

for the price of all that stuff you could get a used bank to bank fast with the wideband option. I think Hartline sells them for around a grand with the adapter

Just my 2 cents but keep it simple...like a Turbo Tweak alky chip, stock ECM, and LS1 MAF and Translator should be good enough for a 10 sec street car. You can get alot of tuneability/adjustability with the other setups but unless you know what you're doing you can get into trouble with too much adjustability.;)