need help hanging front fender

c0v3rr1d3

Had to do repairs to the front passenger side after a hit and run... Had to replace the fender, inner fender, wheel well, header panel and front bumper. Right now i'm at the point of hanging the new fender, inner fender and wheel well are bolted into place, but i'm having a hell of a time getting it on. Any tips or tricks on how to start hanging it and making sure everything lines up and goes over/under where it is suppose to?

Thanks
Michael

It's really a two man job to make it alot easier. There kind of a bitch because of the antenna area. Give me a buzz and i will explain it better over the phone if you want.
Tony
1269-753-7677

The easiest way is to assemble the fender, wheel well, and inner off the car. Jack the front up and remove the tire. Having 2 people does help.

The easiest way is to assemble the fender, wheel well, and inner off the car. Jack the front up and remove the tire. Having 2 people does help.
X2. If he hadn't already installed the inner that's the way i would have told him also. Way better way not to scratch the door also.

thx guys. that thought did occur to me yesterday when i was fighting with it. i will pull the new inner off the car and try it that way.

One thing you can do is cut the upper mounting tab on the fender so you can slide it on the bolt you preinstalled.

I asked a buddy of mine to fix a fender for me a few years ago. I go to pick it up from him he painted it and buffed it out the damn thing looked amazing I yelled at him cause I still had to put it on the car. I taped the fender up along with the door edge.bolted the inner fender and inner plastic wheel well to the fender of the car inside my house. Took the wheel off and loosened the header panel. I got it on by myself without a scratch.

Thanks, gonna pull the inner fender back off the car bolt all three together, take off the wheel and try to hang it that way, since it seems that is the easiest way everyone here has done it.