Need Help Diagnosing Issue

The TR6 is waste spark. Not sure how reversing the wires would react or if the engine would even idle. Scooby has a point. Go back to the stock style coil/module and see what gives.

yes, trying to add what I can to the conversation....there's a lot of super smart folks engaged already working the matter of remote diagnosis...

I like Scoob's idea of removing the TR6 and reverting back to the factory style coilpak and ignition module for trouble shooting.

I think what Chuck was noting is to confirm that each cylinder's plug wires are actually attached to the correct spots on the coilpak or TR6. the forum just had another member working thru an issue that was ultimately caused by a couple of plug wires mismatched cylinder to coil.

Yep. I've never used anything other than the OEM ign.
It's been a while, so my experience is a bit long in the tooth, and parts are older.
When I looked and saw this, I wondered about the wiring.
"Built in 2-step, Waste spark or Sequential".

Sorry guys for late response. My phone wasn't updating the TB forum responses. I just noticed when I sign out and back in.

Here is the latest update. I tried 2 different stock ignition working modules.(my test modules - we use a lot). Then I went to TR6 ignition. It fired up and idled alot better. I reset IAC and TPS, FP. Also replaced stock FP regulator to adjustable Accufab. Fuel pressure was at 23lbs with original regulator.

Chip and injectors are new. Matched with chip.

Temperature climbs quick on idle. I have huge fan running in front of radiator.

I'm jumping back on it today. It's been busy here at ArizonaGN world.

I will send updates later today..

Thanks again!!

Sorry guys for late response. My phone wasn't updating the TB forum responses. I just noticed when I sign out and back in.

Here is the latest update. I tried 2 different stock ignition working modules.(my test modules - we use a lot). Then I went to TR6 ignition. It fired up and idled alot better. I reset IAC and TPS, FP. Also replaced stock FP regulator to adjustable Accufab. Fuel pressure was at 23lbs with original regulator.

Chip and injectors are new. Matched with chip.

Temperature climbs quick on idle. I have huge fan running in front of radiator.

I'm jumping back on it today. It's been busy here at ArizonaGN world.

I will send updates later today..

Thanks again!!

Is that you, Gene?

I too had a flange leak problem and after the machine shop sand belted I switched from header gaskets to doing the factory way of using High temp RTV, and no more leaks.

Attachments

• 20200502_132524.jpg
    20200502_132524.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20201121_134742.jpg
    20201121_134742.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 20201121_135044.jpg
    20201121_135044.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 20200424_183007.jpg
    20200424_183007.jpg