Need Help Diagnosing Issue

I agree with an Injector issue, they were close to crap in 87 and after sitting for 30 years with no flow , NO BUENO

Until recently I had several sets of the original 0280150218 injs.
Some hadn't been cleaned or had any special attention for 15-20 yrs, and had many thousands of miles on them.
Very rarely did I find a unusable one for a set.

Says TT chip and injectors so I would "assume" they are new and matched to the chip...

There seems to be a trend developing..
OP asks for help.
Help is provided.
Op does not see, or ignores the help.
Questions continue to be posted.
Problem continues on.
This appears to be seen on most all the car forums, not only here.
A guy goes to the doc. "Doc, I'm having big problems seeing".
Doc: Your tests say you need glasses, and cataract surgery.
Ignores the doc, can't see shit, drives in a snowstorm at midnight, and gets taken out by a snow plow.
How's that for a comparison! :ROFLMAO:

There seems to be a trend developing..
OP asks for help.
Help is provided.
Op does not see, or ignores the help.
Questions continue to be posted.
Problem continues on.
This appears to be seen on most all the car forums, not only here.
A guy goes to the doc. "Doc, I'm having big problems seeing".
Doc: Your tests say you need glasses, and cataract surgery.
Ignores the doc, can't see shit, drives in a snowstorm at midnight, and gets taken out by a snow plow.
How's that for a comparison! :ROFLMAO:
A lot of new turbo Buick owners lately , 90% of the time when they figure out whats involved with owning these cars they say fuck this shit and bail out and re sell it, i've seen it happen for 30 years, my car guy friends say damm you still have this friggin thing lol

A lot of new turbo Buick owners lately , 90% of the time when they figure out whats involved with owning these cars they say fuck this shit and bail out and re sell it, i've seen it happen for 30 years, my car guy friends say damm you still have this friggin thing lol
I can go you one up on that. I've talked to countless people thinking of buying a TR...and after 10-15 minutes explaining what they're getting into, they bail on the idea of owning a TR...and they've thanked me for being honest. Most should stick to a distributor and carb. I put myself through school as an auto tech and apprenticed as an automotive machinist. At that point in time turbocharging was just coming out, and I'm the first to admit these cars were a steep learning curve for me. I always do my utmost to help people as I want them to have a positive experience with these cars, but for those who won't listen, then myself and the others here on the board can't help them.

Most should stick to a distributor and carb. I
EXACTLY!!
@ my bud's shop, we run into this very often.
All the cars are older iron, with the customer wanting an add-on efi system.
They have NO CLUE as to what's ahead, or what it takes to install and tune one.
The "self tuning" ads are total bullshit. For this reason, we get flak from past customers about the failures, dissatisfaction, costs.
"It doesn't get the 30mpg the ad said. It won't outrun an F18 fighter jet... bla bla,bla".

So true. Welcome to the McDonald's generation were everything is available in a drive-through.

Here is a story... Had an Audi customer who lost a timing chain. Internal damage was considerable. Diagnosed it at 9AM, and called them with the news. Customer literally says "oh, alright. Can I have it back by noon?"

Sorry I've been away. Sometimes you have to walk away when you're frustrated and comeback to it recharged. The injector and chip are matched and are brand new. I'm now pretty sure it's the head gasket. I bought a harbor freight radiator combustion tester and the fluid changed colors some. Not as pronounced as I'd like, but its definitely different. I'm going to try the same test again and let you know how it goes.

So it sat for 30 years. I hope the entire fuel system and I mean everything had been replaced and or flushed b/f attempting to start. If not, you may have sent a bunch of crude into those brandy new injectors.

So it sat for 30 years. I hope the entire fuel system and I mean everything had been replaced and or flushed b/f attempting to start. If not, you may have sent a bunch of crude into those brandy new injectors.
Everything was flushed.

Good! That eliminates the fueling. Chip/injectors match. So that goes back to the original issue of running hot for too long. I'm still betting on head or manifold gasket or cracked head.

coilpak....

I've had coilpaks run fine at idle but engine seems low on power even though 14 psi boost (stocker). only able to actually diagnose with Casper's C3I tool that weak spark condition developed somewhere in the rpm range. the bs of using a multi-meter to check each coil's resistance is in the 11 - 13K ohm range is just the start. that's only static and not indicative of what happens under load.

they'd show strong spark at low rpm and then either the spark becomes weak or even stops at certain rpm range. I have great video of this but unable to upload and don't have youtube account.

weak spark => exhaust mix completing combustion in headers and certainly in catalytic converter. seen heat discolored header with middle third of factory converter glowing cherry red. condition was result of 2-5 coil dying at high rpm and once heat soaked. all operating parameters within normal ranges.

I know OP noted the coilpak & ign module were swapped out. swapped out with known good units? or swapped with other units on-hand with similarly unknown condition because you have no tools to test them. haphazard parts swapping gets expensive if you're guessing rather than finding the failed part the first time.

coilpak or not...I did some screen shots of my video to show the two conditions I noted above.

at low rpm, the 2-5 coil had intermittent spark or was dead. pic below.
coilpak testing_2-5 coil dead low rpm.jpg

at high rpm, the 2-5 coil came back to life while the 3-6 coil dropped out dead. see pic below...
coilpak testing_3-6 coil dead high rpm.jpg

perhaps this is the scenario the OP is encountering. or even just one part of it where a coil dies at certain rpm.

I know OP noted the coilpak & ign module were swapped out. swapped out with known good units? or swapped with other units on-hand with similarly unknown condition because you have no tools to test them. haphazard parts swapping gets expensive if you're guessing rather than finding the failed part the first time.

coilpak or not...I did some screen shots of my video to show the two conditions I noted above.

at low rpm, the 2-5 coil had intermittent spark or was dead. pic below.
View attachment 391630

at high rpm, the 2-5 coil came back to life while the 3-6 coil dropped out dead. see pic below...
View attachment 391631

perhaps this is the scenario the OP is encountering. or even just one part of it where a coil dies at certain rpm.
EXACTLY what I've experienced with the tester.

OHMing a coil pack is all fine and dandy...but heat changes things...and also loading them up under a wide open throttle blast. I use to sell used coil packs and ignition modules to the locals. My way of calling them good? A WOT throttle blast at the track.

He's running a TR6. I believe the headers are glowing at idle.

I've not messed with the TR^.
Could the pass bank plug wires be on the wrong coils?