Need help choosing which rear control arms to go with

By the way who is using Metco arms and what do you think about them was thinking getting them myself any pics and and opinions would be great

I'm not a fan of UMI lowers or the Poly bushings that come with them. I love the high durameter rubber bushings that come in the Hotchkis and Metco lower bars. Dont get tubular lowers. I would vote for the Metco's.

Just installed a new set of HRs on the GN with the new Delron bushings. Upper and lower.

I had factory boxed that worked great then Wolfs upper and lower.
The wolfs are great for a race car and race car only.
Just one HR piece weights as much as all 4 wolfs. Total

I thinlk I will be stayin wit the H&Rs for a while. They are heavy /well made.

I have a complete set of wolf's for sale,

As of now I will keep the stockers they have new poly bushings and if I want to go back, I still have most all of the original parts.

Can everybody post picx if you have them, I'm really having a hard time deciding which set to go with.

Rell,
Here are you pics

Attachments

• 100_0221.jpg
    100_0221.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 255
  • 100_0223.jpg
    100_0223.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 250
If your plan is to use an aftermarket sway bar that does not mount to the control arms, you can use these lower arms:

Lower Control Arm Set, : Metco Motorsports

These arms are the same length as the G-Body arms, but because they do not acommodate the sway bar, additional machining is performed for reduced weight and unmatched slickness.

So will that set work with a 12 bolt moser rear and a H&R sway bar??

if the 12 bolt is set up to go in the Buick then any set of arms should work. Its just so much easier using the no adjustable ones, cause they are just install and go. While the adjustable ones are just which involves pinion angle setup etc etc. Even thought they are the best, they could make things worse without know how on dialing them in

I just installed a set of the UMI tubulars a week ago. I like them so far- No drivability issues at all at this point.

There was only a small install issue with them. Our TR's rear suspension hardware is all 12 millimeter bolts/nuts. All of the bushings in the UMI stuff I bought is 1/2 inch bolts/nuts. I had to drill all the rear suspension mounting holes to 1/2". Not a big deal and took about an extra hour to do, including dropping down the exhaust to get at the lower control arm mounting bolt holes. A standard-length 1/2" drill bit is just long enough for the job. A visit to my local tractor supply store netted the required 1/2" x 4" grade 8 bolts/nuts/washers that I needed (for about $12).

If you use the UMI bars with the stock 12mm bolts- There will be sloppiness, rattles, and clunking going on!

All-in-all, I really like the UMI's and the extra effort was worth it.

John

So will that set work with a 12 bolt moser rear and a H&R sway bar??

If your Moser rear axle housing is designed for the G-Body application, the the answer is yes - you can use the windowed control arms linked previously with the HR Parts rear sway bar.

Also - The Metco upper control arms are adjustable but factory-assembled and tightened to exactly match the length of the OEM upper control arm. No adjustment is necessary unless there is a need to change the pinion angle.