Need for 86 GN W/Electronic HVAC Blower Motor Control Module / Resistor

Pretty sure I have that temp sensor laying around, I had 2 cars that had the climate control. Converted both to standard controls for reliability. I sold all the other parts on here about 3 years ago, everything went so quick it blew my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much do you want for the sensor?

I used to pull that resistor from junkyards and found it on many GM digital climate control cars including I'm pretty sure Cadilacs. I'm positive I pulled it from rivieras. It usually is the only part that goes bad and we are Very lucky Caspers reproduces it!!! I have one from Caspers and it fixed any and all problems I was having. I have a complete climate control system minus the resistor that I would sell but it wouldn't be cheap. It does however included the vent system with electric motors.

New part is nfg
Going to install the old one back on with a rigged up relay to get the blower motor working.
Been changing my rigging ways and trying to do everything as close to OE as possible.
The hate is strong at this moment.

I have AC thanks to my box of miscellaneous electrical junk.

Attachments

• 20170702_111805.jpg
    20170702_111805.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • 20170702_111755.jpg
    20170702_111755.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
so i sent the module back and it got tested and it was good, so they shipped it back to me.
tonight i re-installed it and still nfg.
We checked the grounds and they are good.
one thing that Paul noticed is that a small purple wire on harness side coming into the module only has one (1) volt instead of 6 or 12.
How do I test the module while installed in the car?
What do the signals from the dash controller look like ?

Last edited:
so i sent the module back and it got tested and it was good, so they shipped it back to me.
tonight i re-installed it again and still nfg.
now we checked the grounds and they are good.
one thing that Paul noticed is that a small purple wire on harness side coming into the module only has one (1) volt instead of 6 or 12.

tonight i re-installed it again and still nfg.
now we checked the grounds and they are good.

Do you have 12V on the brown/wht wire?

Either the A/C fuse is blown or you have a connection problem at the A/C control head. Check to see if you have power on the C1 connector on the back of the A/C control head. The +12 comes from the A/C fuse through a brown wire to pin B on the C1 connector on the back of the A/C control head. It then comes out of the control head on C1 Pin A which is the brown/white wire which feeds the blower and A/C clutch control module.

Orange wire on the center plug isn't plugged into anything
if you are still having trouble with your c68 i can help you. Over the years I have collected nearly a hundred of those systems and I have repaired and installed nearly as many and I know how to make them work reliably The Caspers part you seem to be describing is not a resistor at all. That part in a c60 system is a series of simple voltage dropping resistors but in a c68 it is an active transistor speed controller. Although many GM cars had similar climate controls the unit for the G body cars was totally different in that it used solenoids and vacuum motors for vent operation. Identical controllers from even other Buicks will not work in the G cars. The operational programming in the chip is totally different. I know these systems inside and out. I even have one installed in one of my GNX's. If i understand correctly the sensor you mention is for the car interior and there is another one under the hood on top of the air box for outside temperature. If these two sensors are not working correctly the entire unit will not work very good at all. If you still need help give me a call at 336-684-3653 RC

great I'll give you a call tomorrow evening. Thanks.
btw- I have confirmed that the new part from Casper is for the GN C68. it even looks like the one I removed.
if you are still having trouble with your c68 i can help you. Over the years I have collected nearly a hundred of those systems and I have repaired and installed nearly as many and I know how to make them work reliably The Caspers part you seem to be describing is not a resistor at all. That part in a c60 system is a series of simple voltage dropping resistors but in a c68 it is an active transistor speed controller. Although many GM cars had similar climate controls the unit for the G body cars was totally different in that it used solenoids and vacuum motors for vent operation. Identical controllers from even other Buicks will not work in the G cars. The operational programming in the chip is totally different. I know these systems inside and out. I even have one installed in one of my GNX's. If i understand correctly the sensor you mention is for the car interior and there is another one under the hood on top of the air box for outside temperature. If these two sensors are not working correctly the entire unit will not work very good at all. If you still need help give me a call at 336-684-3653 RC

Trouble shooting - NOT WORKING FAN. I checked each wire for differences in voltage while in different settings. To see if i could get the control module to turn ON the fan but NO luck. Side note - The dash controller works on every other function besides turning on the fan.
volts @ fan control module 5 pin plug
Also verified ground at control module and power.
Fan control module is brand new from Caspers (yes that $250.00 part) i even sent it back to have them double check it and they said its good. But that damn thing does NOT send out any power to the fan.
Fan is working- i ran a manual ON/OFF switch into the cabin to be able to use the heat.
What do you see wrong?
Settings
85*--- Defog ---- High -- Battery volts 12.50 car off.
Purple wire =1.04 V, Green wire= 11.80v
Red wire not used, Green/black wire=10.94,
Brown/White=12.26,
Fan Purple wire=3.4 disconnected from fan. Connected to the fan=0.0
Settings
85*---Heat---High Bat 12.46 Car off
P/ wire=12.33 V, Green wire--O.O V
R/wire=not used, G/B =11.39, B/W 12.21
Fan purple wire =5.13 disconnected from the fan- 0 when connected to the fan.

Settings
65---Bi/Level---Bat 12.42v car off
P/wire=1.03, G/wire 11.69
R/wire=not used, G/B wire=5.13, B/W12.19
Fan purple wire =5.18 disconnected from the fan- 0 when connected.