Need embroidered 11 piece trunk carpet set like kirbans use to sell. Link in post.

I have a problem when my car hits a hard bump in the road at highway speeds. When I hit a bump the car seems to stumble/hesitate and lose power just for a quick second Then goes back to running fine. It runs great the rest of the time. It seems like it happens when the rear axle hits a Hard bump in the road. I don’t think it’s coming from the front Which makes me think it is a fuel line/pump issue or an electrical issue that causes some kind of short when I hit a bump. I put a new fuel tank and hot wire kit along with a fuel pump in about 10 years ago. Everything else except for a bigger down pipe is pretty much stock. Any one have any idea what could be causing this or what I should check? Thanks for the help!

If you are running the stock fuel pump hanger assembly, corrosion can cause things like this. Not that this is the problem but thirty yr old electrical isn't as reliable. There are two small pins that go through the bulkhead and these can cause a problem.

Again, might not be your problem but I've worked through similar.

Dropping the tank is loads of fun. I use a stack of wood and floor jack. This works well with some sloshing fuel so the tank doesn't slosh off the jack. You can pull a piece of wood and let the jack down a bit and work your way down. then the opposite going back up. Jacking it up a bit and insert the wood to keep the tank sorta level and the fuel from sloshing around.

Thanks Rich! I will drop the tank and clean things up along with a new fuel filter. Hopefully that will fix it.

Dropping the tank is loads of fun. I use a stack of wood and floor jack. This works well with some sloshing fuel so the tank doesn't slosh off the jack. You can pull a piece of wood and let the jack down a bit and work your way down. then the opposite going back up. Jacking it up a bit and insert the wood to keep the tank sorta level and the fuel from sloshing around.
I did just this but with a square of ply bolted to the jack. Makes it a real easy job. Wear glasses when you undo the tank straps... Dirt falls into your face :LOL:

And, pull the insulation straps off. See any rust forming?
Dirt between the insulator and tank will cause issues.

Check for loose grounds or corroded grounds. Negative battery cable gets alot of heat under the turbo and near downpipe. Check ground behind coil pack...rear passenger block ground. Check to make sure Battery + and - lugs are tight. Check alternator positive terminal for tightness. I personally took a air grinder with sand disc and shaved paint from chassis ground areas and reconnected.

Last edited:
One thing I've learned over the 25 years I've had my GN is grounds...grounds...grounds are important . That and stock fuel pump wiring is inadequate. Need 12 awg wiring ( hot wire kit) .