need ecm #

J

jas85t

went today to buy a 87 ecm for my 85 today and they told me they need the numers off of my old one so they can match it up to the right ecm only prob. is my car has the 85 ecm in it and i dont have any numbers for the 86-87 model ecm anybody with the 86-87 in your car i need help with finding out the numbers on them so i can get the right one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

thanks for your help guys going back tomarrow to pick it up hopefully everything goes right

ok guys bought new 86-87 maf and ecm but ecm didnt come with prog or cal pack in it will my 85 work in there place or not and also couldnt find part number for mat sen what is it and where do i put it i heard that i have to have it and i dont have a clue to what it is or where it goes or what it even looks like to make sure i am getting right part thank for your help locating ecm part num.

For the Cal Pack... I think you should be able to use your 84..but if not I think I might have a spare out of an 87 ECM.

As for the MAT sensor..some people call it the Air Cleaner Temp Sensor....This goes on the end of your K&N filter (that little rubber gap between the end of the filter and the MAF sensor you just need to poke a hole in it) Or of you are using the stock elbow, and Filter then it screws into the elbow.

the MAT sensor is kinda small..and has this ball lookin thing in the middle of it...also it is a good idea to get the plug for it so it is easy to run the wires to the ECM.

The MAT sensor cost me about $20

from GN/TType/ Dan Smith

The ECM can come out of a 86 century but be sure to have the part #1227148 ECM. The dealer gave me two part #'s for the cal-pak in the ECM, they are 16036503 and 16036504. My 84 ECM HAD the 16036504 in it so I used it.

Pitch any other cal-pak with a different number
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
87 MAT sensor (available from most vendors):Not sure of a part #
You also need the connector/plug for the sensor and connector pin
for the ECM. HTH ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------