Need drop in radiator, suggestions?

danostuff67

Looking for a new drop in radiator with both coolers. I realize I might have to trim the top support. Looking for low cost at this point. Currently have original radiator, 95 degree day with 180 thermo, I was hitting 210 degrees without air conditioning.

What fan or fans are you currently running?
A front mounted intercooler made me switch to Becool radiator and Intrepid dual fan setup. The fan is cheap around $100 on Rockauto. The Becool is not cheap . But there are other options , do a search you’ll find plenty.

This with a set of intriped fans worked wonders.also it does have oil/trans cooler.
2fd15f025996b8ed46c1388cfed0233e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just did the Fbody radiator and intrepid fans. Easy install.

Already had a external transcooler just needed to get an external oil cooler. Average 175temps.

Cold Case alum rad with dual fans, and a harness with 2 relays is $699 on my web site.

Another vote for the F-body radiator. On a hot day, temps stay between 170-180.

Oil cooler mounted and the fans on the other side.

Attachments

• 3EE8E454-572B-49A2-9A19-5C5AD06BEC9D.jpeg
    3EE8E454-572B-49A2-9A19-5C5AD06BEC9D.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 71
  • E3F5C36D-0725-4BD9-9EA8-4DDB91D10C33.jpeg
    E3F5C36D-0725-4BD9-9EA8-4DDB91D10C33.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 71
Yup, them zip tie mounts will eventually saw through the cores. Don't ask me how I know! In my defense it happened a long time ago before it became well known!

Cause it's expensive!
I beg to differ, after you buy an external cooler for most, hack this and that, possible have to add another fan unit and all the cussing sometimes is it worth it? Had mine recored in 1997 and its still doing a great job. In 2010 called the place that recored it to see if they happened to have another laying around. They did, he only wanted $100 since it had been sitting on the shelf forever. Lol, when I picked it up the box was covered with dust.
And that original one, it bolted right back in and all the lines fit perfectly. Imagine that. Not knocking anyone going after market but lots of times stock rocks.

And you still should have an auxiliary trans cooler anyway.

I am going to check locally for recore price, but I think they quoted around $400. For that I can buy a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to check locally for recore price, but I think they quoted around $400. For that I can buy a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let us know what you find out. Maybe yours can be boiled out and cleaned if not too bad, stranger things have happened.