Need drivers header welded...

Slix

I usually do everything myself so it's done right but I don't have a TIG welder. Driver side header has a crack and I needed to get it fixed.

No one around me can seem to weld to save their life.

Can anyone suggest a good place I could send a header to to have a repaired properly and not end up with something worse than what I started with?

Thanks any input appreciated

If you can oxy actetene weld, you can do it you're self. Even MIG welding works fine, too. I bolt them to a head and weld away. A carburizing flame with a torch works best. They are thin wall 409 stainless and are weldable with average welding equipment, IF..........you can weld worth a damn. PM me, and I will TIG them together, if no one close to you can do it.

I usually do everything myself so it's done right but I don't have a TIG welder. Driver side header has a crack and I needed to get it fixed.

No one around me can seem to weld to save their life.

Can anyone suggest a good place I could send a header to to have a repaired properly and not end up with something worse than what I started with?

Thanks any input appreciated
Cotton's performance.

Brian pretty much welds every single driver's side header for every single customer's car he works on every single day.

Thanks for the suggestions... Is a brace needed between the tubes? Heard these keep cracking even after they are repaired...

Thanks for the suggestions... Is a brace needed between the tubes? Heard these keep cracking even after they are repaired...
For some, it's like changing spark plugs or oil........just another maintenance task.

If you have someone do it who has done a thousand of them, then you don't have to over think it. If it needs a gusset then they will add it. Sometimes it needs a "patch" tapped in to shape and welded over the whole ugly area.

It is what it is. Unless you buy an aftermarket replacement. But the stockers work fine......when they don't leak.

I like to buy a 12 pack of beer and artive at a muffler shop about :30 before closing.

next thing you know, you drive home and reinstall the header. :)