Need door and dash speaker recommendations that work with delco concert sound radio

GoldHawg

I had my factory concert sound system updated and included bluetooth and want new speakers all the way around. I've been waiting for 6-months for the Carrtunz system that is supposed to be plug and play but they can't get inventory. I'm especially running out of time on the door speakers, because in the next few weeks I'll be tackling the power windows and tracks with the anti-rattle kit. I need to have door speakers in hand that I can replace at that time, and I'd like to get the dash speakers as well as the interior part of my resto is wrapping up, but I've read fitment can be a problem. What recommendations do you have for speakers that will work well with a concert sound radio? I'm not looking for a massive sound system, just something that is high quality and will sound nice. TIA.

Since you have a 37 year old factory unit, you may want to match the speaker impedance's to the OEM speakers, unless of course you updated the amp. Not many choices, if any for the front and back 10 ohm speakers. Plenty for the 5.25" 4 ohm door's.

When I updated my system in the early ‘90’s I used something like this. I kept the stock door speakers. I ran the dash and door speakers off the Pioneer head unit and ran the rear deck speakers (aftermarket 4ohm) and the 10 in subs off a couple amps.
Personally for sound, I’d run some aftermarket 4ohm rear deck, either 4X 10 or 6x 9’s w/ adapters off a small 20 rms x2 amp.

Just my 2 cents.

When I updated my system in the early ‘90’s I used something like this. I kept the stock door speakers. I ran the dash and door speakers off the Pioneer head unit and ran the rear deck speakers (aftermarket 4ohm) and the 10 in subs off a couple amps.
Personally for sound, I’d run some aftermarket 4ohm rear deck, either 4X 10 or 6x 9’s w/ adapters off a small 20 rms x2 amp.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks. I understand that might be the best sound solution. But I'm sticking with the stock radio (just adding bluetooth & MP3) so I'm trying to get speakers that are stock size but hopefully a bit better sound (clarity not volume, at least not much increased volume needed).

Thanks. I understand that might be the best sound solution. But I'm sticking with the stock radio (just adding bluetooth & MP3) so I'm trying to get speakers that are stock size but hopefully a bit better sound (clarity not volume, at least not much increased volume needed).

That’s cool. I wasn’t sure how original you wanted to go.
Something to keep in mind, if you have the option choose the higher sensitivity level. A 93 is more efficient than an 85 and will be slightly louder and sound better.

Crutchfield recommended three speakers for the GN, see pic. Any feedback from you all?

Attachments

• Crutchfield Buick GN Recco's.png
    Crutchfield Buick GN Recco's.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 89
Yes these will "fit" in your TR. Only the door speakers have the correct impedance for your stock radio.

Wait! Grand Nationals have radios? I have been listening to the music out of the exhaust pipes and had forgotten that it had a radio long ago!

A7C2F6E0-FB3F-4002-99BC-B17DDD0539ED_4_5005_c.jpeg